ESA Successful | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

ESA Successful

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by KarenM, Dec 1, 2011.

1. KarenM

KarenM Registered

Just wanted to let you know that I heard today that my migration from IB to ESA straight into Support Group without a medical assessment was successful.

The whole process took just 4 weeks.

If I can offer any advice to anyone either applying for ESA or migrating as per I from IB to ESA under new reforms, please send as much supportiing evidence with your case as you can, and remember the golden rule, they are not interested in your conditions per se, but how your conditions affects you.

I ended up using the Guides from a site mentioned within the groups, was unsure if I should post the link, and I ended up with 30 extra pages from myself, plus I enclosed all my review summaries from my Rhuematologist, sent off all the leaflets available from Lupus UK on every organ, sinew et al that Lupus effects, and supporting letter from my GP.

Do not assume the Medical Examiner assigned to review your questionnaire has even heard of Lupus, it is up to you to provide them with every detail, including anything regards you personally, do not leave anything out, no matter how trivial it may seem to you, it can count.

And lastly, please have as back up the support of a Welfare Rights Officer, CAB, DIAL.

I found the whole process incredibly stressful, which resulted in my collapsing and am now under the care of Mental Health Crisis Team.

I am relieved it is all over for the time being, but cannot rest on my laurels, I will continually update my notes, and have asked for a copy of the Judgement decision so I can see what areas deemed me fit for the Support Group.

You can get an award for Lupus and Support Group, I have proven that today.

If I can help anyone going through this, am very willing to do so.

2. modteam

modteam Moderator

Well done Karen....I'm sure the offer of help would be greatfully received by many members :) !

3. TracyJN

TracyJN Registered

Really pleased for you Karen, that's brilliant news, I am still waiting to hear the result of my medical assessment. I agree, the process is extremely stressful.

4. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Well done Karen and how kind to offer to help other members.

5. countrylass

countrylass Registered

Well done.thats wonderful.......sure has affected you all that stress.sure dont make it easy.
    hugs.
    countrylass