Ever since giving Keegan back.... | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever since giving Keegan back....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Karly1964, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Karly1964

Karly1964 Guest

:sadwalk: Ever since I gave Keegan back, which I still think was the right thing to do despite my still missing him very much:cry2: , people have stopped calling me. I have one friend Carolyn who still continues to call, she has been faithful for about seven years being my friend through ups and severe downs:worried: .:) I am glad I do have her, but I miss all those people who were supposed to be my friends.:( I am more hurt than angry, really, just so alone most of the time. I did go out with my Mom and grandma yesterday and also saw my aunt and the girls to give them their easter gifts:bunny: I have been trying to research other, less work and attention needed, pets. The other options here where I live are a gerbil,a rabbit (which I know what goes in their mouth about five times as much comes out the other end), a hamster, fish-I already had them and don't want the tank to care for, a small bird or pair of small birds, a guinea pig, or a cat. I am also thinking of cost as well as cuddle time, or interesting to watch. But I guess I am most disappointed in the friends who have disappeared. Most of my "social" life consisted of numerous doctor appointments, therapy appointments, and picking up medicine from the pharmacy--definately not very exciting.:rolleyes: But I have been doing some of the things that formally interested me, like stamp collecting, and gem and rock collecting (new), and photography ( a long time interest). There is a chance that I may be getting some money that was unexpected and I would like to get a digital camera and start taking art type photos or nature photos and of course tons of the girls.:p There is a stamp club at our library and an active fine arts group in my town so when I do feel like it I can get out and go to those. I am trying to think of and do things that I have wanted to do or have done in the past that interested me in the hopes of meeting new people8) . Wish me luck, please that I can reach out to others and be supportive to the new people I meet. You all have been a wonderful support and lifesavors really so thank you for your continued support.:grhug: :love2: :flowery: Karly

2. mary520

mary520 Registered

Best of luck to you Karly. I know what you are going thru missing your little puppy. We had a beagle named Champ, had him for almost 6 yrs. We got him when he was 6 wks. old. He was a such a smart dog. He could do so many tricks and was such a special part of our family. Sadly, he was taken from us by a very heartless man in our neighborhood who shot and killed him a month ago.

It still hurts so much to talk about him, I still miss him so much.I don't think I can ever become attached to another pet.

Hope everything works out for the best for you,
    Mary

3. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Hi Karly,

Just a quick line to say that it sounds as if you have decided to "act" in a positive way by turing to other activities and interests that you have.
    You sound so much better than in your previous posts and that's great to see. Often giving ourselves alternative goals in life rather than regretting the things we can no longer do can be very useful.

I too love photography (among other things) and I can tell you that once you have a digital camera, learning to use photoshop (even in the simplest basic way) is a challenge in itself :) that will keep you busy for hours on end. I'm not a great fan of photoshop as I believe a photo should be well taken to begin with (haha, I'm one of those old black and white film converts) but I do use it to turn colour digital shots into black and white, and doing that properly can take a while to learn.

all the best to you,
    Katharine

4. Karly1964

Karly1964 Guest

Hey I am an old black and white convert too, that's what I learned to do in high school, take, develop film and make black and white prints, not all progress is good for it's own sake, there's something to be said for the black and white photo.:p Karly

5. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

DEar Mary, I am really sorry to hear that your poor Dog was shot.
    Lots of Hugs,
    X Lola

6. Karly1964

Karly1964 Guest

Dear Mary, I am so sorry about your dog, that man should be thrown in jail:mad: I hope that you will heal from the horrible sadness I know you must feel. Many hugs, Karly:grhug: :there: :love2:

7. I know this post is a week old, but I just have to add my horror and condolences to you Mary about the loss of your dog - I agree that man should be in jail, for a very long time!!!!!!!! :mad: I can't even imagine losing a pet that way, or how someone could even do that.... I'll stop ranting now just wanted to say I'm so sorry you had to (are having to) go through that...

And on a completely different note - I agree that photoshop is awesome, I have photoshop elements and have spent hours and hours over the past couple years using it but still discover new features all the time! I agree photoshopping is definitely a seperate hobby from photopgrahy though - I actually use it to make collages. Old black and white photos from real film are pretty cool too, I took a photography course a couple years ago and had a lot of fun with that. Very different, both awesome hobbies though.

sf

8. Taree

Taree Guest

Hi Karly. Carolyn sounds like such a hunny! Think a g-pig would be the least maintenance+ they're sooooooooooooooooooooo cute! What gems have you collected so far? I love jade, there's so many different kinds! Have an incredible and unusual chunk that's so heavy I havn't been able to make anything wearable with it but it's so beautiful just to look at!

Hi Mary... When I was little my dog suddenly started frothing at the mouth and died. My neighbours hated her and we suspected poisoning but couldn't prove it. Really cannot believe monsters like that actually exist! So sorry to hear about Champ, I hope in time you will change your mind and get another pet... ther are so many animals out there who need a loving "mommy"

9. Karly1964

Karly1964 Guest

Right now all I have is a crystal necklace, but I have been watching a show on the Travel Channel about gem hunting in mines that allow the public to search and she has found all kinds of things like, rubies, tourmaline, star sapphires, natural cooper, geodes, gold, fossils, turqouise, fire agates....and so on, it is something I would like to check out at the nearest lapidary shop, but I have to wait until my car gets repaired and is far more reliable. Oh, I have a purple huge chunk of quartz.
    Yes, Carolyn is a wonderful person, she is always there to support and care about me. We've been friends for about 7 or 8 years, and I think we will always be friends.
    I still miss Keegan so much, little puppy kisses, and snores in my ear and his soft puppy fur. But eventually I expect I will get past it. If I ever get my own place, as in house, not subsidized apartment, I will probably have a partner or a friend with me and will try the Boston terrier again since they are so smart and cute and cuddly.
    It's just that I feel so bad physically and emotionally that I am feeling a bit desperate right now. So sad and depressed and upset at the limitations my body has put on me at this time. Thanks for your interest and support. Karly
    :foryou: :highfive:

10. Taree

Taree Guest

Is your necklace Swarovski? Pretty amazing how they pick up the light! Absolutely love the idea of gem hunting! The purple chunk of quartz sounds most interesting. I've been dying to get a chunk of rose quarts... it's so huge you can use it as a doorstop!

The way you describe Keegan i can actually picture him... and there's nothing quite like puppy breath! I wish I could take away your sadness... am thinking of you.

X T X

11. Karly1964

Karly1964 Guest

All I know is the quartz came from North Carolina and is in a Native American necklace, the Cherokee (I am one) use quartz in a lot of their healing ceromonies and even have a "monster" snake like creature with a crystal in it's forehead in their legends.