Few Questions About Road Tax Exemption ! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Few Questions About Road Tax Exemption !

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by flamenco2, May 12, 2009.

1. flamenco2

flamenco2 Registered

Hi there,

Interesting ! .................. Just been reading the post about Road Car Tax Exemption (bet me and few more didnt know either) saying that Im not even
    "at any DLA/claiming any benefits stage" but may be starting ball rolling after Rheumy hosp visit this thursday 14th May.

Can any people here answer my few important questions (briefly first, I do not have a car provided/or whatever arrangement you call it (motability or free vehicle) secondly, I at present get no benefits WHATSOEVER. I have my own private car/ PAY FOR EVERYTHING. So :-

Are you saying this FREE CAR TAX EXEMPTION is only warranted if you are on BENEFITS, or could I still apply for it. (I do supposedly have lupus, reynauds, and have fibromyalgia and possibly arthritis "in there").

Any urgent replies, that will consistently help me, would be much appreciated.

Hugs and Love Diane X

2. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Hello, If you get High Rate Mobility you will qualify. Not means tested so the issue of other Benefits is not important.
    Can even get it for a car regularly used to help you even if not yours. Only one vehicle though.
    Hope that helps. I have benefitted from this for years.
    x Lola

They are very helpful if you need to ring.

3. elisabethm

elisabethm elisabethm

Hi Diane you do have to be on DLA high rate get free road tax.As for a free car no there is no such thing as a free car.What you do get is a car on the MOtabilaty Scheme and that is deducted of your Disabilaty it comes of once a month.I have just taken on my 3rd car on the scheme it is great.But you must be awarded DLA at the high rate for 3 years or more.Elisabeth

4. dixy

dixy Registered

Hi Diane

higher rate disability.U can get the exemption from car certificate for road tax. I have only just realised this been 2 years now.:mad:

Have to be on it 3 years b 4 u can apply for a car. monthly payments r taken from your disability monthly.

dixy

5. sheila t

sheila t Registered

Yes you need to be on High Rate Mobility to get the tax on car free. Also if you thinking about applying for DLA and you have any questions please ask, sure we can help

Sheila x :)