First time and I got it! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

First time and I got it!

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by jellyjazz, Aug 13, 2009.

1. jellyjazz

jellyjazz JellyJazz

After my GP advised me about applying for DLA my Dad and i sat down and filled otu the forms over two months. i got the result today - higher mobility and middle care.

I am in a state of shock but also so very happy. I can see light at the end of the tunnel and can now use the money to help me live my life again.

xxx

2. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

Congratulations, well deserved!

3. Katharine

Katharine Registered

That's fantastic news Jellyjazz :woohoo:

Katharine

4. Lily

Lily Registered

:thumbs: Well done you!

love
    Lily

5. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Great news!

Take care,
    Lazylegs

6. keebler

keebler Moderator

:yahoo: What great news.

Love,
    Lyn

7. orangelily

orangelily Registered

:yahoo::cheer2: Fantastic. You will find that it is a weight off your mind.

8. birdie

birdie Registered

fantastic news well done. If you want to you can now get a car on the mobility scheme, you will get your car tax paid for you and you can apply for a blue badge if you haven't already got one.

9. jellyjazz

jellyjazz JellyJazz

Thanks, we've decided not to get the motability car ebcause the car i have now is all fine, i did sort out my car tax though and i already had a blue badge (big help that one..) I'm going to use the money to buy my own wheelchair for long day trips on the advice of my rheumy and OT.

:)

10. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Jelly Jazz, I am very pleased for you, the money does make things much easier.
    Don;t forget if you use the trains a Disabled Railcard gets 30% off for you AND a companion. Mine pays for itself in one trip.

I hope you are going to have a little treat with some of it.
    x Lola

11. jellyjazz

jellyjazz JellyJazz

My treat was my new ligth weight crutches and a fitted wheelchair soon - will enable me to keep up with my family on days out and have a few hours less pain! I also bought a parasol to keep the sun off me, but typically, it's done nothing but rain since!:lol: