Fragmin and pregnancy | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Fragmin and pregnancy

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by dee1972, May 25, 2010.

1. dee1972

dee1972 Registered

Hello,
    Since I last wrote, I have learned that I am pregnant - now 8 weeks. Just started 0.45ml of Fragmin injections daily. As previously mentioned, I do not have the antiphospholipid antibodies, rather they are unidentifiable. Has anyone had similar unidentified antibodies and used Fragmin to treat a pregnancy?

Thank you.

2. Maia

Maia Registered

I haven't, and I can't recall a similar question being asked on the forum during my time here. Sounds like you are in a very unique situation, and you'll have to trust your doctors as well as your own instincts on this one.

If you've had any clotting issues in the past, then if very well may be better to be safe than potentially be sorry.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope everything goes very smoothly for you, and we get lots of pregnancy updates along the way. :)

3. Nutty

Nutty Registered

Hi Dee,

I have a history of blood clots, so when I was expecting I took heparin injections twice a day. Fragmin wasn't on the market at that time. She is now a wonderful (most of the time lol) healthy 16 year old. For my second child, they told me I only needed blood thinners after the baby was born, so I took coumadin. I had a bad experience there, not directly because of coumadin, but because the doctor was an idiot, way over his head. With the 2 experiences, I felt much more comfortable with the heparin than coumadin. It is just a preventative dose.

I think you should be fine, but I'm have no medical background...just my experiences. Just for kicks, my second child is my "challenge". I know there is no correlation, it just came to mind lol.

Good luck and congratulations.

Annette

4. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Hello Dee :)

I can't answer your question as I have no experience of fragmin either with or without pregnancy but I just wanted to say congratulations :woohoo: and wish you the very best of luck!!!

Katharine

5. dee1972

dee1972 Registered

Thank you everyone for your support.

6. dee1972

dee1972 Registered

Hi Annette,

Thank you for your email and you are very blessed to have 2 beautiful children.

Do you have the lupus anticoagulant, or was there an unidentified antibody? My antibodies are not identified. Did they ever have to adjust the medication mid-way?

Denise