Gene advance for lupus | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Gene advance for lupus

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wheeliefab, Jan 22, 2008.

1. wheeliefab

wheeliefab Registered

:) :)
    The genes involved in Lupus, have been identified. Here is the link to BBC report http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7196083.stm
    It sounds as if Professor Timothy Vyse, from Imperial College London, (one of the authors of the study) , said:
    "This study represents a milestone in progress towards unravelling the secrets of the disease.

He said that he was hoping to collect further blood samples from other Lupus patients to confirm the results, and asked volunteers to get in touch.
    I'm going to e-mail Lupus UK to try find out how you can become a volunteer & will post any info I get

sounds like great news doesn't it

2. Joandublin

Joandublin Registered

3. wheeliefab

wheeliefab Registered

Lupus UK will follow up on this

I contacted Lupus UK to try find out how you can become a volunteer. They have replied "There will be a piece in the next issue of News & Views on the research and it will ask for volunteers and give the contact details".

4. Clare.T

Clare.T Registered

The contact details for Prof Vyse are on the thread linked to below & also the study address

:)
    Clare