Generic plaquenil | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Generic plaquenil

Discussion in 'Medications' started by Ellen OConnor, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Ellen OConnor

Ellen OConnor New Member

I am experiencing severe. stomach pain that won’t go away. I have GERD so I am taking ranitidine which cures vomiting and temporarily helps the pain. If anyone else has this reaction, what do you do to help with the pain.

Ellen

2. MissDaisy 1

MissDaisy 1 Member

How long have you been taking the generic Plaquenil? It took me about six weeks to get over the gastro symptoms. I've had GERD for years and have taken Prilosec or Rantidine. I was taken off the Prilosec after I developed kidney problems.

I have RA with a lot of lupus-like symptoms

3. Ellen OConnor

Ellen OConnor New Member

Almost 4 months. I had taken ranitidine, but I dropped it. I am taking it again now.
    I hope your kidney problems were temporary.
    Maybe, staying on the ranitidine will help.

4. MissDaisy 1

MissDaisy 1 Member

The Ranitidine worked for me. My kidneys have improved but I have Stage 3 kidney failure. I'm almost at Stage 2 kidney failure which is even better.

I hope you are feeling better soon. GERD is the pits.

5. Ellen OConnor

Ellen OConnor New Member

I didn’t realize it could be reversed like that. I hope that it continues for you.
    Thank you.

6. MissDaisy 1

MissDaisy 1 Member

I went from an eGFR of 45 to eGFR of 56. Not much of an improvement but it was in the right direction. I am so glad I bucked the system, ignored medical protocol, and made an appointment to see a nephrologist. My rheumy gave me a referral. I am so thankful to my rheumy and nephrologist as the two women saved me from further trouble. I don't blame my family doc as he was doing everything by the book.

Thanks so much for caring.

7. Ellen OConnor

Ellen OConnor New Member

Having good doctors makes all the difference.

MissDaisy 1 likes this.