Gf has lupus and I don't know what to do | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Gf has lupus and I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Relationships & Lupus' started by Avalon123, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Avalon123

Avalon123 New Member

Hi all,

For the past few months I was dating the girl I had been infatuated with in college. We were in a long distance throughout our relationship. The more I got to know her, the more she meant to me. The last time I came down to visit, she mentioned that she may be starting to have a flare up. That was the last time I've seen her or spoken to her besides text. Fast forward three weeks, I move back home (she lives close to my hometown) for work. Our communication slowly fizzled down until she mentioned that she needed space. I was fully on board with that. In the following month, I've texted her twice to show that I still care for her and she's replied each time positively. I believe that she might be on heavier medication.

I want her to know that more than anything, I'll always support her and be her friend. I'm happy to give her the space she wants though I wish I could do something.

What is she going through? How can I help? Maybe someone has some advice but, at least, it feels better talking about it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi,

It is impossible to know what she is going through as we all experience Lupus in different ways. Besides the physical aspects such as joint pain there can be a mental aspect. The side effects from medications can play a roll also. You would need to discuss it with her but it doesn't sound like now is the time. Honoring her request for space sounds like your best option.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

3. Avalon123

Avalon123 New Member

Hi lazylegs,

Thank you for the reply. I think you are right on that; I'll take a back seat and give her space. I know she is going through a lot and doesn't need me stressing her. At the same time, I hope to learn more about this disease. This forum has been a great resource for that.

Best,
    Avalon123