Good Rheumy near-ish Clarksville, Tennessee, or Hopkinsville, Kentucky? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Rheumy near-ish Clarksville, Tennessee, or Hopkinsville, Kentucky?

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by WanePoetic, Apr 22, 2010.

1. WanePoetic

WanePoetic Registered

I've had some real trouble with doctors out here. There's ONE rheumatologist that I can find, and he suuuuucks. I was in a couple days ago for my 4 month check up... Another doctor put me on 3 weeks of bactrim DS, (sulfa) and I have been ACHING and exhausted, and itching like mad since getting on it. I told the rheum about it, and he said I probably need to see a psychologist!! My last bloods were good, 4 months ago, so all he did was look at my hands and feet, listen to my lungs, and he told me my connective tissue disorder is "silent." He didn't even take new blood. Also, my last rheum, who was great, said I needed to be tested for APS once a year... This guy refuses to test me for APS unless I have suffered something catastrophic, like a stroke, or a misscarriage, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, etc. Anyway, I'm very frustrated, and couldn't sleep last night from so much joint pain... Which is obviously my imagination. I am willing to drive for a GOOD doctor.

2. Kyphi

Kyphi Registered

Hi Wane - Sorry Im in the UK so cant help but just wanted to say hang on in there and keep looking. Its sooooo annoying when your sitting in front of a so called Dr who just doesnt get it!
    Good luck

Kx