Hearing Tomorrow | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearing Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Jenkay, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Jenkay

Jenkay Jen

My SSD hearing is tomorrow early in the morning. I'm very nervous and a little sick to my stomach over it. I hope I can convey what I've been going through for the past few years. If anyone has any advice I'm up for it. I spoke to the representative from Allsup that will be attending with me and my husband and we went over a few things.

Basically just sharing my jitters.

My go with Imuran is good so far!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Jen

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

Hope it goes well for you!!

3. suebehar

suebehar Registered

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

4. Maia

Maia Registered

I'll be thinking of you... just realize that whether you get it or not... it should NOT affect your private LTD income. Best wishes and I hope we get a good update tomorrow!

5. sunflowergirl2

sunflowergirl2 Registered

:hug:Good luck! It is scary and frustrating to have to "prove" that you're sick. (Wish they could walk in our shoes for a few days). Keep us posted. Cathy

6. Lily

Lily Registered

Good luck Jen :hug:

I'm so glad the Imuran is going well too :yes:

love
    Lily

7. ceenic123

ceenic123 Registered

I wish you luck. Just stay confident and be thorough when explaining your ailments. Remember to let them know how much pain you are in and how debilitated the pain is. Remember the date that you became disabled. They usually ask that? They usually ask how much can u lift? How much can you sit,walk,lay down,etc.... Remember all meds, tests, and diagnoses.

You will be fine. i wish you all the luck.:)

8. Jenkay

Jenkay Jen

We're back.

It was all very strange but we think it went well as the judge abruptly ended the hearing and we hadn't even talked about 1/8 of things, the lawyer said we are pretty much set and just need to wait for the paperwork. It almost appeared that she was going to make a decision outloud right there but there was a letter from my doctor she didn't have in her records and I believe needed to receive that through an official process, I'm not sure. I think she said if she would have had the letter we may not of needed the hearing but it is all a blur now.

Very draining. She was in the middle of asking me questions and then asked, do you feel you spend more than 1/2 the week in bed/resting, I said yes and she pretty much stopped the hearing which I wasn't expecting.

Anyway I'm glad to be back home.

Thanks for all your support!