Help. I'm a member but I can't post or ask a question. | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Help. I'm a member but I can't post or ask a question.

Discussion in 'Tech and test' started by TerriInMD, Aug 11, 2014.

1. TerriInMD

TerriInMD Registered

Help. I'm a member but I can't post or ask a question. What's wrong.

2. TerriInMD

TerriInMD Registered

Ok. Well that worked but the site was telling me it needed human something or other. It told me I couldn't look at a lot of pages. Even the one that says "contact us". I'm I in the clear now. And for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a picture for the avatar. Pls help.

3. TerriInMD

TerriInMD Registered

I just tried to post a reply to tuffymason and the message said "human verification needed". what's up? This is beyond frustrating. Pls help.

4. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi TerrilnMD. Could you pm Joanne and let her know what is going on?
    Give her all the information you can give her. Like you did with the "human verification needed"
    We are still having hiccups with the new upgrade.
    If you cant get ahold of her let me know and I will see if I can help you.
    Sorry about all the trouble.
    Lyn

5. Joanne

Joanne Administrator

Hi
    Sorry to hear you're having problems posting. Sadly I've no idea why this problem is happening. You've posted here ok :/ Is it every forum where you're having problems posting? Are you able to take a screen print of the screen that comes up when you try to post?

6. TerriInMD

TerriInMD Registered

Test. I did write a lengthy post and got same results. Try again to post

7. TerriInMD

TerriInMD Registered

Ok. Every time I click on post, the message is "human verification needed". What can I do?

8. TerriInMD

TerriInMD Registered

I can only post right here and not every time. I'm using an iPad with Safari. Does that matter. Someone please help. I'm stuck in this box no matter what I try.

9. keebler

keebler Moderator

Is it in a certain forum that you are having trouble?
    Like the introduce yourself forum or living with lupus forum etc.
    Can you copy what pops up when it wont let you post?
    Sorry you are having this trouble.
    Lyn

10. dmarie

dmarie Registered

I have trouble posting using my android tablet. I have no trouble with my windows desktop.
    dmarie

11. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Terri,

When you first joined did you use your ipad and safari?
    Im trying to rule out a few things to get you back to being able to post.
    Take care,
    Lyn

12. Joanne

Joanne Administrator

Really don't understand why it's working sometimes and not others, and only in this forum sometimes. I'm going to install the Tapatalk app, then you can test if you can access ok using that rather than your browser

13. Joanne

Joanne Administrator

I've finally managed to install tapatalk. You can download the Tapatalk app from itunes or android store. The forums are registered on it so you should be able to find them by searching. If anyone having problems can try that please and let me know if it does/doesn't work. Thanks for your patience!

14. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

I keep having trouble getting on to the forum it asks me every time to put in my name but it won't except my password anymore, so every time I have to ask the lupus site for a code to get on here is there a way that I can go back to my original password.
    many thanks
    wolf1

15. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi yes there is a way to go back to your old password.
    Click on your name and a box should drop down. Then click on password
    You will have to use the code for existing password.
    Then go down and enter a new password. Confirm it and you are done.
    I used my old password so I know it will take it.
    Good luck,
    Lyn

16. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

I tried changing my password and it wouldn't allow me to do it, saying my existing password was incorrect. This is despite having a new password and signing in to my account and showing as being online.

Any ideas please?
    Ann

17. keebler

keebler Moderator

Is your email still current? You should get an email giving you a different password.
    Follow these steps.

You could email Joanne and she will help you.

[email protected]ssite.com

Take care,
    Lyn

18. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

Thank you for your help, think I am sorted now.

Best wishes
    Ann

keebler likes this.