HELP!! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!!

Discussion in 'Personal Stories' started by blossom, Mar 30, 2020.

1. blossom

blossom New Member

Hi I didn't visit the forum for a very long time. But now I found the need. A major thing happened in my life. My boyfriend broke up with me saying telling everyone ( our parents and relatives) that I was emotionally abusing him and he doesn't want to live with me anymore. My dad came to my home took me to my hometown. I have to leave my job. And when I confessed with my dad that we were in a physical relationship, he scolded me very badly (which is very bad in our culture). And asked his parents to make him marry me.
    He scolded me very badly for this. I cannot do anything whatever I say my dad would say please marry him or go somewhere and die.
    Then we started talking through we haphone becauseve to marry anyhow. Yesterday I started a fight and told some stupid things to him which is my mistake. Now he is saying that I am a pshycopath and he doesn't want to live with me and all stuffs. I couldn't tell this to my parents because they will scold me to the core. I cannot go anywhere because of the quarentine. I feel so low and lonely. I felt everything changed after this SLE. Someone who see this please text me I am feeling so lonely.

Lupusdude likes this.
  2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Blossom,

Cultural differences make it difficult for me to help you. I just wanted you to know you aren't alone and I am hoping the stress doesn't set off your Lupus.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

Lupusdude likes this.
  3. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Hi Blossom,
    It sounds like you have very difficult relationships with both your boyfriend and your dad. I can understand that. I grew up having difficult relationships myself. I can say that your dad does not want you to die. He is just old fashioned and wants to preserve his old customs. Which makes sense when you think about it. You are a different person with needs of your own. Take one day at a time and try to find time to get outside a little each day.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lupusdude

4. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Hello blossom, I'm sorry to read that you're having such a difficult time but I'm glad you've come back to the forum. You will find emotional support at least, I know that it's always helped me to have contact here with people with the same condition who understand what stress can do to us. Please take care,
    Jess.

Lupusdude likes this.
  5. blossom

blossom New Member

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for all your support. I would like to know this from you as you people know more about the emotional side of this than anyone else.
    I am taking corticosteroid for around 10 yrs. Will it cause depression and induce suicidal thoughts?

Lupusdude likes this.
  6. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Hi, the steroids actually allow you to feel better. They do have a side effect of depression, but only with high doses. I’ve gotten depressed for not being able to reduce the dosage, but that had nothing to do with the medication itself. It just takes time to cut back and I’m sure your doc will tell you this. Try to be patient with it. I never was, but maybe you can be. It’s a rough disease to accept, but you can do it. Peace

Jessica1 likes this.
  7. blossom

blossom New Member

Lupusdude likes this.