Hospital Mexico - Antibiotics | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Hospital Mexico - Antibiotics

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by eevilgeniuss, Sep 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. eevilgeniuss

eevilgeniuss New Member

Hi Everybody

I wanted to find out if there is anything behind treating Lupus with Tetracyclines on a longer 3-12 months, like they do at the hospital mexico.

They have many testimonials, and seem very open about their treatment.

Has anyone had any experience with longer course of Tetracycline or had his blood checked for pathogens under the microscope? It looks very honest. And the theory makes sense, I am searching for options as I am newly diagnosed.

2. mark176

mark176 Active Member

Hi

I thought that tetracyclines were a type of antibiotic. Anribiotics kill bacteria. Lupus is not caused by bacteria. Its caused by white blood cells producing antibodies against your own tissues.

Also, i could be wrong, but in paricular i thought tetracycline class antibiotics could induce lupus or make it worse.

A more experienced member may be able to help.

Kind regards
    Mark

3. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Tetracycline can cause drug induced Lupus... it is an antibiotic for bacterial infections particularly Rosacea and Acne... sometimes UTI and Lyme Disease etc.