I am getting Disability | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

I am getting Disability

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by pennylp, Oct 30, 2009.

1. pennylp

pennylp Registered

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to quickly write this before I go back to packing... Sept 24th of this year I applied for disability, I brought the forms to my doctor on the same day.... I received notification that Toronto received it on October first and it could take ninety working days to find out one way or the other if I would qualify for disabilty.... I received confirmation that was qualified yesterday... It didnt' even take a month.... I can't beleive it I thought I would be fighting this for a year or more... There has been so many horror stories... of people needing disability and not being able to get anything.... I feel very good today.... I am not sure what the next step is but I am sure they will contact me... AS they said someone would....
    Just wanted to share my good news with everyone....

Take care

Love Penny

2. Katharine

Katharine Registered

That's great news Penny :)

It's good to know that it doesn't always go badly. I applied myself in September but will have to wait a year to know whether it's accepted or not. For me it's not really a money issue as I already receive sick pay benefits and I wouldn't have both but the recognition is important and also, perhaps in the future I'll be able to work a little whereas on sick benefits you're not allowed to at all (all this in Belgium's complicated system).

Katharine

3. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

Way to go Penny!

You certainly deserve it...so glad it came through 1st time and so quick!

4. cath

cath Registered

Well, at least they get it right sometimes. Really, I'd have been flabergasted if they'd turned you down with everything you have to cope with.

hang in there and genle hugs:blush:

X C X

5. debatat

debatat Moderator

That is good news Penny!!

6. Pink Pearl

Pink Pearl Registered

Congratulations!
    Sally

7. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Congratulations Penny.

Not sure what the Canadian system is like but here in the USA it can be years before your approved. I was lucky too, got it first time out.

I hope you are celebrating tonight.;)

8. keebler

keebler Moderator

Congrats Penny :woohoo:
    I am so happy for you.:bigsmile:

Take it easy on the packing and the unpacking.

Love,
    Lyn