I am in remission. Maybe my hair will grow back in. | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

I am in remission. Maybe my hair will grow back in.

Discussion in 'Looking Good, Feeling Better' started by dudley, Feb 28, 2016.

1. dudley

dudley Registered

Hi all. I am in remission. After 1 or 2 decades I finally got there. Hope you all get there.

Dudley (Elaine)

Jolinda Stephens and x_claire_x like this.
  2. omen

omen FKA Clare.T

Dear Elaine!
    Gosh!
    I am totally overcome to hear from you and also, more importantly, to hear your wonderful news. Long may your remission last! It's great that you posted your good news, giving hope to others.

I'm in lupus remission too, but unfortunately my deranged immune system has started attacking something else instead. I was diagnosed with Immune Thrombocytopenia, ITP, in 2013. I have no symptoms, unless fatigue is one, diagnosis being clinicalbased on very low or zero platelet count. I just need treating so I have some blood platelets to hinder external and internal bleeding risks.

Love from Clare

Jolinda Stephens likes this.
  3. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Elaine!
    It is good to hear from you! I love your news! Long may it last.
    I miss talking to you.
    Love,
    Lyn

4. debatat

debatat Moderator

Hi, that is fantastic news to hear :thumbsup:

5. omen

omen FKA Clare.T

I think there might be a good chance of hair growing back unless the hair loss is due to scarring from say discoid lupus on scalp. Good luck with it anyway!
    Hugs,
    Clare

6. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Welcome back Elaine. I have wondered how you were doing. Glad to hear it is good news. What regimen finally did it for you?

Take care,
    Lazylegs