I can't seem to catch a break. | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't seem to catch a break.

Discussion in 'Personal Stories' started by mishmash, Sep 6, 2016.

1. mishmash

mishmash Registered

Hey all, me again.
    I'm so sorry that ice come here to get a load of my chest I have no one else to talk to that really gets it.

Do as you may be aware recently have had lots of stress as my mother in law passed away and my husbands unwell.
    He has now been admitted into hospital.

I feel so lost. I'm trying to stay strong, and positive it just seems to be one blow after another. The only way I can explain it I feel like I am suffocating.

After my mother in law passed I started to feel the flair coming on. You know the usual, increased fatigue, pains in chest, joint and muscle aches, I obviously have a low mood but I am scared that it is going to get back to levels where I am unable to function.

I am seeing my rheumatologist Thursday, when I see him and tell him how I feel the only response is that's common with lupus.
    For example: have very hazy vision in my right eye with floaters apparently that's common in lupus,( I have seen an ophthalmologist that says my eye seems ok but it really isn't) have quite severe chest pain, apparently that's common in lupus too. Everything I ask I am told the same thing but no further investigations are ever done. I am considering getting a referral back to st Thomas as when under their care I felt I got some Help. I know I am not a severe case with having lupus but it can still make you feel pretty Finnish can't it.

Anyways I don't even know what I've written here just needed to get things off my chest. Sorry it's a bit long.
    Wishing all you wonderful people a stress/pain free day xxxx
    Thanks as always

Chelle xx

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

Hi, its difficult to manage when you are under so much stress. Have you had your bloods done before your appt on Thursday? That way he can assess how badly you are flaring and has no excuse to fob you off. The gp can give you a blood form.

Chest pain should never be ignored, common in lupus or not. It should be investigated. You need to push for that. Be insistent, can you take someone with you?

I know you have a lot going on, but try and make some time for yourself and get as much rest as you can.

Take care and I hope your appt goes well.

3. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hi Chelle,

Maybe you could write some of it down and just give it to him; sometimes it is easier to be coherent and prioritise in written word rather than speech when emotionally a lot is going on.

I hope your appointment goes well and your husband improves soon. I think the Lupus Centre has been moved to Guy's Hospital now.... you might want to check that if you do consider getting a referral to them.

Take care of you too...

4. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Chelle,

In your situation I think anyone would be feeling lost, Lupus or not. It sounds like this unavoidable stress is taking its toll on you. You may want to ask your doctor for something to help get you through this trying time. Something to help you sleep, Prednisone or an increase in your medication for a short time might be helpful.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

5. mishmash

mishmash Registered

So I have just been to the dr prior to my rheumatology appointment tomorrow as the chest pains were worrying me too much.

Think some of it may be explained given that my blood pressure was 225/145 so dr has given me some diazepam to see if that settles me as I have been so stressed lately.

Will pick up with hospital tomorrow too as some of the pain is definitely chest wall pain as when she pressed it, it was agony.

Thank you as always for support and advice I do really appreciate it.

Chelle xxx

6. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

That is high Chelle.... it might be good to have an ECG whilst at the Hospital. I am surprised the dr left it there to be honest. Make sure you mention it very loudly to the Rheumy.............Good luck with the appointment ...............Claire