I Feel Like Travelling on...wanderlust! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

I Feel Like Travelling on...wanderlust!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Karly1964, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Karly1964

Karly1964 Guest

Oh, I feel like taking a trip, not a long one just one to get away from the humdrum of life. When I was a kid we usually went somewhere every summer, to the beach, :swim: to visit relatives in West Virginia, or Georgia, and then there was the epic two week adventure of trying to see everything out west with my mom and sister, whew never more than one night in the same place except for one night in Colrado Springs where we stayed two nights so we could do laundry. My dad and I went several places on the way to visit his parents, but now they have both passed away, so there is no one to visit there. Cost and illness keep me from visiting my cousin Tonja in Fairbanks, Alaska, she could use a visit too, in the past three years her husband has been to Iraq two times and is now in Korea for a year, and she is alone. She really wants me to visit but I cannot come up with the $600 and fly by myself since I nver have flown and being not well at the moment. But I would love to see her again, it has been years and years since I have seen her. I always get this way when the weather warms and it is nice outside I want to jump into the car and take off somewhere, anywhere and stay for awhile just to get out of this small apartment.:eek: A day trip will be in order once my car gets fixed and running well, I am going to a rock shop in a nearby city to check out what may become a new hobby for me, then I also might hit the antique malls around to see what I might find. Any ideas for entertainment? Karly