I got approved today | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

I got approved today

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by lilirishrose, Mar 22, 2008.

1. lilirishrose

lilirishrose Registered

Im so happy I got approved today, it only took two months and I didnt have to see any of their doctors, im so relieved. I hope it go well for everyone else who has applied. I was told that lupus patients get approved fairly easily, and that seems to be the truth......Good Luck to everyone.....Melissa

2. Staarzz8

Staarzz8 Guest

What do you mean by approved I mean I went to this special dr. for what I have ( which is not Lupus ). Well you seem pretty happy with the message so congrats
    Staarzz8

3. raggedyann1

raggedyann1 Registered

Melissa,

I am so glad the process went smoothly for you. Are you getting SSDI or SSI? Do you have organ involvement? Sometimes that makes it easier. It took 9 months for me including seeing "their" pain doctor but I was approved on my initial application. For many members here the process is anything but smooth and quick. There have been changes in the last 2 years to make the system more fair but the people who applied before that are still stuck in limbo with denial after denial. There is also something about certain states are faster than others.

Take care,
    Karen

4. LoopyLoo

LoopyLoo Registered

Great news Melissa, I'm so pleased it was relatively stress free for you.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

5. lilirishrose

lilirishrose Registered

ssdi

ssdi is what I got.....my lungs and digestive system are involved...and my back......I was told by an insider that lupus is getting approved more easy now...I sure hope so for everyone else......Thank you for your comments....Melissa:)

6. dudley

dudley Registered

Congrats. It must have taken a load off of your mind. So happy for you

Elaine

7. My2Kitties2

My2Kitties2 Guest

Hi I am new to the boards but when I applied for disability mine went thru rather quick (and that was 5+ years ago)...I can honestly say that I may not be here now if I was still working...my doc said my numbers back then were bad...the stress was killing me...the days I wanted so badly to call in sick but couldn't...

8. acard

acard Registered

Melissa,
    Good for you!!!! :excited: :stretch: :eleph: I am one of those who it is taking 2yrs. My hearing is June 4th. I am scared to death to have to go in front of a judge. I wish I could have been approved just so I wouldn't have to go to court.:(

Hugs,
    Becca

9. macfamily53

macfamily53 Registered

Wow congradulations Mellissia.That is so awesome you got approved so quickly but sorry you have the organs involvement((((hugs))).It has to be such a huge relief to get the ssdi already for sure.Becca i am so sorry itis taken so long for you to get ssdi:sad: .It took me like a year in a half to get mine.Maybe they will award you before you have to go before the judge.Good luck with the court date when it does happen anyway.

Tammy

10. elisabethm

elisabethm elisabethm

ssdi

Hi Melissa so glad that you got your disability have you got it for 3 years or indefinetely i got mine first time aswell mines is for life some people have such a hard time getting it and others it takes a long time but i also know that there are people on it that abuse the system and it is not fair when you see some one on it that can do a lot of things that are impossible for us to do i get so mad at that but congrats to you :) elisabeth

11. mini

mini Guest

I applied in June of 06, I have been denied twice and am awaiting on the date for the hearing. To those who got thru it in one shot, congrats, hope things do get easier.

12. eagle55

eagle55 Registered

mellisa Congrts. it is a great feelin i know. Becca make ssure you go int court like it is your worst day ever. maybe someone has already told you this but if not do not wear any make up and do not dress up. this is something youjusst have to do. what state are you in. if you need some help feel fre to email me. take care. sue:)

13. lefty3369

lefty3369 Guest

Hi,

I'm new to this site. I just had my SS hearing on April 16 and was denied for the third time. I am 46 years old and live in Illinois. I had 4 heart attacks in 2006, had stents placed twice then had triple bypass surgery. In 2007 I was diagnosed with Lupus, Sjogrens Disease, Thyroid problems, Pulmonary Hypertension, Mitral Valve Prolapse with regurgitation, Coronary Artery Disease, Congestive Heart Failure, Type II Disbetes, and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I also previously had High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol. How much more does a person need to be diagnosed with to be approved. I also received a call from my employer a week prior to the hearing indicating they were terminating my employment. I had been on short term disability with them since June 2006 and long term disability since September 2006. They indicated I would continue to received my long term disability until age 65. I sure hope so. Any suggestions to make SS approve me any faster?

Thanks Lori

14. Maia

Maia Registered

There are pinned posts at the top of the forum that you will want to read through regarding obtaining social security. First tip is to get a good lawyer. Check that they have all the medical records from all the offices. Get your doctor's support - they can be of great help. Contacting congressmen and senators often can help bring resolution too.

Good luck with your application. There are much more tips on those posted/pinned links!

15. Jirel

Jirel Registered

My doctor said that you need a GP that will coordinate all the different doctor's information so that it can all be presented together. I was asking her on behalf of a friend who can't get disability despite major (and I mean the not even able to sit in an easy chair all the time pain) back pain and weight. Her pain doctor doesn't want to 'deal with' the SSDI claim.