I was reapproved for disability again, THANK GOD!!!!! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

I was reapproved for disability again, THANK GOD!!!!!

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Rene, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Rene

Rene Registered

:)By the grace of GOD,I was re approved for SSDI again. MY reevaluation came up and SS called my home. My husband answered my phone and a lady from there ask him how I was doing and he said not good.actually worse.He told her that he had beed driving me to get chemo. She said ok. They didn't even call my doctor which I can not believe. I know it took me over 2 years at the beginning to first get it. SO I was suprised to be reapproved so fast for now. THANK GOD because I have been so sick. I just THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Hi Rene,

It is good to know that the system does generally work for those of us who need it eve if it can be understandably difficult to get approved first time round.

Hugs :grhug:

Katharine

3. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Rene that is great news.
    How long had you been on SSDI before you came up for renewal?
    I am thrilled for you and do hope you feel better soon.

4. macfamily53

macfamily53 Registered

Hi Rene

I am so glad to hear that you did get approved so quickly and easily for sddi again.They sent me a questioneer recently to fill out and send back to them.they asked if my doctor recomened me not to work.I just said yes with out talking to my rhueme he he :) .i did email her and of course she said fine but i still am nervous over the other questions but it has been like two weeks i think and nothing back yet or phone call so hoping i to will be apporved again for SSDI .Try to relax now that is over and thope you are feeling much better these days.(((hugs)))

5. briee

briee Registered

hello rene,
    CONGRATS ON YOUR RECENT APROVAL:) :)

My name is briee i am 22 years old from salt lake city utah US. I am looking for some advice I have been denied ssd and ssi, and i cant even get help with medicaid, I got diagnosed in september 2009 when i was hospitalized for multiple pulmonary embolisms
    With severe systemic lupus glumornephritis , Antiphospholipid syndrome, and pretty well every symptom for both! Not sure what to do my drs wont release me back to work. and i just cant afford drs bills allready ow thousands, I also have to get blood draws atleast weekly my inr wont stay under control and i cant afford my meds alone
    I am on hydroxycloriquine, azothioprine, Prednisone, Warfarin, Percocet, tramidol, trazidone, sertraline, lisinopril And tons of vitimins
    Any advice?
    Thanx I look forward to hearing from you

6. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Briee,

Have you tried to appeal the decision? Many people are denied the first time around but do better on the appeal.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

7. Pink Pearl

Pink Pearl Registered

Hi Briee,
    Get a disability attorney. That will be your best bet on getting your appeal approved and processed. At the least, you have the right to a court hearing before a disability judge. You will need a disability attorney for this. There are limitations on how much of your settlement the attorney will get as payment. You do NOT have to come up with any $ at this point. If you are told you are expected to pay up front, then forget that one as it is not a true disability attorney.

My next suggestion is to review your responses and appeals, and rewrite them, being as verbose as possible and use as many descriptions, in depth, you can. Many of us, myself included, tried to be as specific as we could in those tiny lines allowed. Instead, we needed to fill extra pages and pages, of descriptions of the things that we have to deal with.

Then, take all this to the attorney and go over every word and how much better you could have explained in detail what you needed to say. Take heart that most people win the court hearing for their disability.

If you don't know of any attorneys, call the local LFA office and see who they have on record who does disability. That is how I found the attorney I used.
    Good luck!
    Sally