I'm here..what to do next? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm here..what to do next?

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by BallerinaGirl, Mar 16, 2018.

1. BallerinaGirl

BallerinaGirl New Member

Hiya all! I wanted to introduce myself; my name is Erica. I'm very nervous about what's to come, as I was recently diagnosed with SLE. I'm grateful to have found this group because I know having a support system is SO important, especially with others who are living with lupus and other autoimmune diseases. Much love to everyone.
    E

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

Hi and welcome to the site. It can be a rollercoaster of emotions to be diagnosed with a chronic illness, sadness, relief at finding out what is wrong. Take some time to process and be gentle with yourself. I hope that your treatment plan is helping you feel better.

BallerinaGirl likes this.
  3. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Welcome!

You've managed so far and now you will have some tools in your arsenal to fight your symptoms. It may take time but once your medications kick in I expect you will see some improvement. In the meantime it would help to learn to listen to your body. Allow yourself to rest when your body lets you know you have pushed it too far. Also sunscreen and hats are your friends. You may not like using them but they may save you from having flares.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Take care,
    Lazylegs