I'm in love | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm in love

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by Marika, May 16, 2010.

1. Marika

Marika Marika

I thought I'd put I'm in love knowing that most women(and some men) would be nosey enough to have a look........

Well I am in love with a pair of shoes I bought last week.

Every morning for years I have been getting up stiff, can't walk to the loo without flopping my feet down as I couldn't bend them and my legs hurt and my knees and and and.....

So after another bad morning last week I went into town and bought (almost had to get a loan) a pair of those hidious shoes...I know I can't give their name...but you know the ones..they say it's like walking bare foot...they have huge thick soles that are rounded at the back and front...so you really start to walk differently...in fact first time I put them on I nearly fell over as you have to get a different balance.
    Well I can honestly say they are great....I got up this morning great...I have just come back from walking around an exhibition for 2 HOURS...and no problems.....

I will keep you up dated.
    marika:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

P-S. they also claim to help you loose weight and get get a tight backside I will let you know:wink2::wink2::wink2:

2. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

:wink2: So glad you are in love!

Just talking about shoes like that yesterday...but the ones friends have used have been godsend to feet, but given temporary muscle aches elsewhere whilst the toning up in process.

Losing weight and a tight backside would be a huge bonus :lol:!

3. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Hi there Marika :)

I've been wondering about them too. Wondering if they were genuinely good or it's just hype and, as you say, they're not cheap but I figured they might help me as I have terrible trouble standing still and having weight on my heels.

I'm going to look into it further - I also have an appointment with an orthopedist and a sports doc coming up and I'll see what they say too.

Hugs :hug:

Katharine

4. doris999

doris999 Registered

Hi,
    I brought another very well named shoe, easy tone by ******, They are trully the best shoe i have ever worn, and they to help with posture and help with the butt area among other things, if it means taking out a mortage to get them them i will.
    And if it means we are comfortable doing everyday things then so be it, i will go into debt just so i am able to walk around comfortably.
    Thanks Marika, it's always nice to know what the comfortable shoe's are like, i love my ****** and would'nt change them for the world.
    Sandra.

5. debatat

debatat Moderator

Marika, glad you found some comfortable shoes, they sound like a miracle!!!!!!!

6. Pink Pearl

Pink Pearl Registered

As with everyone who has seen these commercials, I was also wondering about them. For those in North America, the chain of Famous Footwear carries them, at a lower price they say. Next trip to FF, I will have to check them out. Thanks for the evaluation.
    Have you tried them on uneven surfaces? Like crushed rock or gravel? The trail below me is surfaced with crushed rock and I need to build up the strength in that leg before I have surgery on it this coming fall. I would like to take advantage of what we have been given here with the trail.
    Sally

7. doris999

doris999 Registered

Hi,
    The ones i wear, once you get use to them which is not very long are good on all surfaces.
    I think with either makes, they are good on all surfaces, cos the sole is very spongey.

8. keebler

keebler Moderator

My brother bought some. He said until he got use to them, his calves hurt after wearing them for a few hours.
    Love,
    Lyn

9. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Glad you like them Marika and yes, keep us posted with updates on the tone of your butt......LOL

10. elle-co

elle-co Registered

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: you got me !!!

I just noticed this post and was wondering if there is an update on how your feet, legs, knees and butt are doing???

Elle x

11. Marika

Marika Marika

Hi yes there is an update....on the butt front no change......but honestly it looks as if this is going tobe a seriously relationship and not a one night stand. As a teacher I am on my feet all day and honestly I do not have that awful ache anymore (I am flat footed too). Sometimes I ..could feel every step I took or bump on the floor...I have realised I will walk more...sometimes I used to take the tram for 2 or 3 stops now I walk it. Shopping around town is much more comfortable...yes I did have calf muscle pains at first but thats because I was wearing them too long for the first days or so. Some 'friends' havae made comments on how they look clumsy, clod hoppers and weird to add just a few, but I don't care they are not to wear with that little black dress. I intend to carry on with them , I think my knee pain has improved too.!!!!!
    I just want to say neither I or any memeber of my family works for any shoe company so I am not getting any commission here:) :)

Marika

12. doris999

doris999 Registered

Thanks Marika,
    Always nice when we find something that helps with the pain in legs and feet, i also love my ones i brought R***** easy tone, would'nt change them for the world.
    Sandra.