Imuran Frequency | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Imuran Frequency

Discussion in 'Medications' started by GoldFlex, Mar 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GoldFlex

GoldFlex New Member

Hi All,

I take Imuran/Azathioprine 150mg daily. I take it in divided doses of 50mg 3 times a day. It always upsets my stomach so it leaves me feeling bad persistently. My Rheum never made mention of frequency -but the bottle stays take 3 tablets 3 times a day. I'm supposing that it is to get to the 150mg -but not particularly about frequency. If you take Imuran, how do you take it in terms of frequency? All at once, split dose?

Thanks,

Lupusdude likes this.
  2. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Hi Goldflex,
    I took Imuran about 20 years ago and I remember taking one per day. The other thing I remember was how well I felt with it! I don't remember the dose, but it may have been a stronger dose than you take. I felt totally cured with that medication, but so glad that I didn't have to continue after reading about the side effects. I never had any, but the literature always makes me nervous. Then again, we're not lab mice either so who knows if there will be side effects. You just have to feel it out for yourself. I would take it with big meals if I were you.

3. GoldFlex

GoldFlex New Member

Thanks for the input! It's appreciated.

4. debatat

debatat Moderator

I take mine 3 times a day and take it with meals. I am fortunate in that I don't get side effects.

5. GoldFlex

GoldFlex New Member

Thanks.

6. Ooohmekneeshurt

Ooohmekneeshurt Registered

I took mine; originally 250mg, then 16 years later down to 100mg, all together first thing in the morning. I did suffer nausea for a couple of hours, but nothing too bad. Aza stays in your system for some time, so I dont think it matters too much if you take them all at once or separated through the day. But if you're concerned, speak to your Rhumey or Chemist.

7. GoldFlex

GoldFlex New Member

Thanks.