In love with his partner with lupus | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

In love with his partner with lupus

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by SSteamerFry, Dec 6, 2017.

1. SSteamerFry

SSteamerFry New Member

I am writing on behalf of my brother whose girlfriend for four years has SLE. I am amazed at how they look so happy when they're together but when he's home, he's the saddest person on earth. He wants them to go to therapy to strengthen their relationship, but I want him to have a counselor of his own, to deal with his own depression. Do you think that would help him deal with the current situation?

2. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hi.... If your brother has his own grief or issues he needs to address, it would benefit them both for him to go and speak to somebody about these. It may be hard for him to speak with his girlfriend for fear of overloading her with his concerns.....but she may be quite aware he is distracted and needing some support for himself. It can be a hard think to broach with him though so tread gently............. and what a lovely brother you are to come here and get some info :0)