in need of a doctor | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

in need of a doctor

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by Dars, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Dars

Dars New Member

is anyone near Columbus Ohio and knows a good doctor to go to? My rheumatologist isn’t helping with my pain, or suggesting much. Anyone out there that has a really good doctor?

Lupusdude likes this.
  2. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Hi Dars,
    Sorry to hear that things are not going well with your rheumatologist. Good doctors are hard to come by these days and they rarely have time to really listen to you during your appointment. Have you tried making a list of symptoms and questions before you go in? I know I forget what I want to say when I go in if I didn’t bring a list. Try that first, before reaching out for another doctor. It’s hard to start new doctor/patient relationships, but sometimes you need to. Sorry I can’t be of more help. I’m on the western side of the country. Take care and peace.

3. shaker

shaker New Member

Hi Dar, I am new to this site but lived in Columbus, Ohio for 38 years. There is the Columbus Arthritis Center there and a great doc is Dr. Susan Thompson, she is terrific. Hope she can help you with your pain !

4. Jolinda Stephens

Jolinda Stephens New Member

Hi Dars, Have you checked out The Cleveland Clinic? I know it is not convenient but it is one of the best in the world. I saw 3 rheumys in Columbus and didn't like any of them. I never consulted them for Lupus. I had surgery at The Cleveland Clinic for spinal stenosis and I recovered quickly.

The best of luck.