Indian head massage | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Indian head massage

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by happycrystalmaid, Mar 23, 2010.

1. happycrystalmaid

happycrystalmaid Registered

Just a quick thread.

was offered a freebie by a mum at the school I work at who is at college studying the above. agreed willingly, then tonight was kind of wishing I hadnt as had had a grot weekend and a terrible day.
    Am so glad I went though - feel more relaxed than I have in ages! Not sure whether its the massage itself (which was fantastic) or just the effect of some 'me' time and pampering.

If you like pampering and dont mind massages it might be a way of taking our minds off of the pains, irritations etc for a little while. (well thats going to be my excuse for going again anyway lol)
    :thumbs::calm::cloud9:

2. doris999

doris999 Registered

Hi Sharon,
    If a massage helps with the pain be it a short while then do it, Just being pampered can make a difference, especially with the muscle pain.
    Wish i could afford to do it once a week.
    Sand.

3. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Happycrystalmaid,

Glad your massage was relaxing for you.
    I have been thinking about getting a massage. I was told though to get a gentle massage the first time.

You are right all the pampering would lift any ones spirits.

Love,
    Lyn

4. MountainbikeLynne

MountainbikeLynne Registered

Ooh lovely.

Lyn, I would definitely opt for a gentle massage to start with. I used to get sports massage in my fit and healthy days - really deep massage that was painful - with no ill effects.

Then during my new lupus time (!!) I had an aromatherapy massage - not that deep compared to sports massage, but deep all the same. Well, it was lovely at the time, but afterwards I felt as if I'd been hit by a bus and couldn't move for days. Since then, I've had really gentle massage, and it is lovely, with no ill effects.

I wish I could afford it more often too, but having it now and again makes it a real treat!

5. Mijan

Mijan Registered

Oh, massage sounds lovely. Again, most of us can't afford it regularly, but it can be helpful.

I do know that on my worst days, even the suggestion of a massage sounded incredibly painful. My wife tried to massage my feet a couple of times because they were hurting so badly, but I pulled my feet away from her because that only made the pain worse. I was that sensitive. I got offered a free chair massage along with the rest of the staff at a convention where I'd worked, and I accepted it but asked her to be very gentle. She was very gentle, but she got to one point, and I actually cried out in pain.

So... sad as this sounds... on the days I'd think that I'd need a massage the most, I can't take it! That's sick irony, if I'd ever imagined it.

6. oesa

oesa Lisa_S

I haven't tried that particular type of massage, but I do go regularly (once a month) for just a regular therapeutic massage. It helps with my hip mobility and works out some of the kinks I get in my back from sitting at a desk all day.

I have really good health coverage at work, which covers most of the cost as long as I'm going to a registered therapist. (I know, I'm spoiled that way...)

Lisa