is this a lupus rash? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

is this a lupus rash?

Discussion in 'Not Diagnosed Yet?' started by Mommaof4, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Mommaof4

Mommaof4 New Member

I was recently diagnosed with having Hashimotos... i know nothing of my results yet other than my doctor call saying my tests were positive- my follow up is Monday.

Awhile back I developed a single dry patch on my face- I didn't think anything of it until it didn't clear up and then later spread across my face. Is this possibly a lupus indicative rash? I know it's pretty mild right now.... it developed after a severe blood sugar drop/stomach flu/UTI that landed me in the hospital.

Attached Files:

2. Lynnette Gibson

Lynnette Gibson New Member

Hi. I couldn't answer if it was lupus related or not but I can tell you when my mask or face redness appears it starts out equally red on both sides and it's very hot. The mask goes across both cheeks and over the bridge of my nose. The mask is the last thing to appear for me. First my joints hurt, I'm very tired then I get blisters on my fingers and toes. Both feet, both, hands then I might get another skin rash like on my arm. Then finally my mask appears. I'm sure everyone has a different experience when it comes to a flare up. Have your doctor test you for lupus. For me I had two positive tests before they finally diagnosed me. Your blood will answer your question. Hope this helps and best wishes

3. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hiya... it is a possibility.... the Malar rash doesn't involve the nasolabial folds (lines nose to mouth ) so that is often a good indicator of Lupus related rash....not sure if that helps but the actual rash itself can be anything from a faint blush to spots.... I have a very red rash on my chest and a few red spots on my cheeks..... :0(. But it is there all the time ....will be more livid if I am struggling a bit..................Claire

4. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

When I had the rash, it was classic Bright red, upper cheeks and bridge of nose. There was no question. It took several months to clear up with a dose of 400 mgs. Plaquenil. But like Claire said, it can be different and probably comes in degrees.
    Hope you find answers.