Itching/burning legs at night/over heating | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Itching/burning legs at night/over heating

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by CaraBear, Oct 16, 2020.

1. CaraBear

CaraBear New Member

Hi,
    I was wondering, does anyone else have issues with itching and burning legs, but mostly only at night time, or after bathing/getting overly hot? Every time I go through a flare it becomes really excessive for me every night but noticbly worse after a long hot bath. I get really itchy legs, it’s clearly not my skin though, it’s a nerve itch. The itching and burning come in the form of what I guess I would call “zingers”, idk how else to describe it? But it’s all over, like moving quickly from one spot to the next to the next and relentless.
    Just wondering if anyone else is going through this, and if so, have you found anything that helps? Other than avoiding heat/baths. I take gabapentin, but it’s just not enough. Thanks
    Cara

2. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Hello Cara,
    I suffer with this itching too and it's usually if I've overdone things or if I've had too much exposure to artificial lighting which I'm super sensitive . Driving the car can trigger it for me too, it seems the slight vibration sets my heightened nerves going. I've found it hard to describe the itch as it's not like a normal itch of the skin; the nearest I've found is it's as if my blood is itchy because it's that deep rather than just the surface of the skin.

I tried everything from cold running water to tapping my skin, jumping, you name it but I just looked crazy and still itched! I then came across Eurax cream and it changed my life. I also found (by accident because I forgot to take my cream when I visited my son) that Cetraben works too so I'd recommend you give either of these a try if they are sold where you live..

I hope this helps and you find something that works for you too.
    Best wishes,
    Jess.

3. countrylass

countrylass Registered

Yes, I can't have hot wash.
    I'd try reducing water temperature.
    In flare I do struggle cool down in evening.
    I can start itching all over usally starts legs..
    I use cool Packs and piriton a liquid antihistamine.
    Hope eases.
    I have avoid getting hot water on me I use cool water on feet at end shower.
    Hugs