Just saying hi | Page 2 | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Just saying hi

Discussion in 'Personal Stories' started by Lupusdude, Jun 29, 2020.

1. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi,
    Im happy to read your good news that things are starting to relax a bit for you.
    Buddy can sense what is going on, it's good he is doing good too.
    Hugs and prayers,
    Lyn

Lupusdude likes this.
  2. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Lyn,
    Thank you for the hugs and prayers. We’re not out of the woods just yet, but things are a little tamer.
    Joe

3. keebler

keebler Moderator

Joe,
    I am happy it is getting tamer for you.
    How is your wife doing?
    Hugs and prayers.
    Lyn

4. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Lyn,
    I didn’t want burden anyone with the situation here, but it might help for me to get it off my chest. Since I respect your sincerity, I’ll just let you know. Even though she is getting around more, her last ultrasound showed some discouraging news. Her gallbladder needs to be removed, but the surgeon wants to wait on this procedure since the surgery was so recent. However, this complication is not what is causing her spirits to wane. The problem with the infection in her back is complicated. After the IV antibiotics she’s been told that she will need antibiotics indefinitely. I know this is not good for the body to have antibiotics for any length of time due to the mutability of bacteria. Maybe I’m exaggerating the situation and maybe the doctors know better than I do, but I can’t help but to be scared for her. I try to stay positive and keep her in good spirits, but I’m concerned that things have gotten out of hand. So anyway, that’s what’s going on. Thanks for being there for me and I know I shouldn’t worry. Worry just makes things worse right?

5. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

I'm sorry to hear your latest news but I'm glad you've shared it. Whilst worry might make things feel worse, they say a problem shared is a problem halved.

I'm no medic but I do understand the concern you have about antibiotics used indefinitely. However, and I understand that all situations are different, my Dad has been on prophylactic antibiotics for a few years to prevent recurrent UTIs. The doctors considered the balance of risk and determined that it was in his best interests. He has had many episodes of sepsis which occurs very quickly for him after the start of infection. On balance this has been the best decision made for him and (touch wood) has helped him to stay out of hospital for that issue.
    I hope that the decision has also been taken in the same manner and I hope that things start to pick up again for you read soon.

Take care,
    Jess.

6. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Thanks Jess,
    Sharing your story about your dad has helped me relax a little bit. Since we found out about the gallbladder issue, I’ve been having her drink lemon juice and watch her diet. So last night she was determined to get some pain relief and went to the ER as that’s what her doctor told her to do if the pain got worse. They ran all the tests again and they all came up negative for gallbladder issues. They couldn’t find anything. I think the diet helped with that, but we’re still in the dark with the pain issue. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Joe

Jessica1 likes this.
  7. keebler

keebler Moderator

Im sorry Joe.
    You never know it might just kick her infection to the road.
    It's hard to keep upbeat when things feel it's going out of control.
    Im glad you opened up to us. Just letting it out makes us feel better when something is bothering us.
    As always my lupus friends and family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Take care,
    Lyn

8. pagespark

pagespark New Member

Sometimes we need to step back and let God take control.

9. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Thank you Lyn for the kind words. You are right; even the doctors can’t predict the future. It’s nice of you to remind me and also that helps to keep me hopeful. Thank you pagespark for your thoughtful comments. God has always been in control, but I understand where you’re coming from. It’s a statement of religiosity and meant to convey that the future is not in our control. So thank you.