Laser, IPL and lupus | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Laser, IPL and lupus

Discussion in 'Looking Good, Feeling Better' started by Fishing, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Fishing

Fishing Registered

Hi all,
    Was wondering if any of you have tried the above and had any side effects?

2. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Hi Fishing
    :welcome: to the forum. I can't help with your question I'm afraid -do you have Lupus and can I ask what area you were considering the treatment for? I bet that someone will be along soon with an answer or suggestion but my theory is always to check your Rheumy's advice if you're unsure about anything.

Best wishes,

3. ElephantEyes

ElephantEyes Registered

Hi,

I'm probably being really dense here, but what is IPL?

Thanks,

4. SueC

SueC Staying Simple

IPL= intense pulsating light.
    I'm not sure about laser, but I've had IPL sessions on my armpits to get rid of hair for good, and it was okay, since it was about a few shots only a session.
    I'm going to get it until my armpit is no longer hairy. =D
    I don't know how it will work for you, coz' I don't know what meds u're taking and how u're doing and etc etc etc.
    I'm currently in remission (kind of, I only take plaquinil & enalapril for mild lupus nephritis when I get flares, and preds only when I get bad flares).
    So I agree with Jess's advice to check with your rheumy before doing it.
    For me doing IPL, I was just taking it on faith and being adventurous, and I'm thankful nothing went wrong after the sessions. Plus, I badly wanted the armpit hair to go away.
    Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Luv,
    Sue :)

5. kandj

kandj Junior Member

Ive had the lazer on my face for the rash, its very painful, worst ever, but the results are great, I had 6 treatments, one a month, each time i looked awful and said never again after the pain, but a day later the pain was gone, the redness was bad for about 4 days after each treatment too, but then it was gone. after the 6 months my friends couldnt believe the difference and nor could I, I look pale now........... have to use blusher! i do have flare ups that bring out the butterfly rash but thats about it, i recomend the lazer, it made such a difference to me!