Leeds | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Leeds

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by ukman2011, Nov 15, 2012.

1. ukman2011

ukman2011 Registered

I was not happy with the level of service that I was getting from my consultant. I choose to use the word ''service'' because the health sector is there to provide a service. Base level Doctors are paid allot of money, consultants far more, and patients should expect a reasonable level of care. Please do not forget this fact. Many doctors are brilliant and some not so good - as in any sector. Therefore, seek treatment from places which have a solid reputation. Having said this, few things are more reassuring than a consultant who is very supportive and great at their job.

Anyhow, I was recommended Chapel Allerton Hospital in Leeds. It was a bit of a trek for me, but as appointments are every 6-12 weeks, it was/is not like I am there every day. I have been there for quite some time and am happy to share that it is really excellent. A dedicated ward which looks after auto-immune related diseases. Excellent staff and brilliant facilities. The dedicated ward has most of the latest tech and you can have your bloods taken and scans done all at once.

The Lupus clinic is run by Professor Emery who seems to be right on top of his field (Rheumatology) and not just a name on a letter that you never see - he is quite hands on. That is my experience and I hope it helps anyone within reasonable distance and is looking for somewhere to be referred to.

I am sure there are other great places too. This is just my personal experience.

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Thank you UKMan for the recommendation. Sounds like a good place to go.

3. ukman2011

ukman2011 Registered

More than welcome.

4. UK Rach

UK Rach Registered

Chapel Allerton!

I second that! I also go to Chapel Allerton after being disappointed with the care I was getting from somewhere further up North. I have now been going to Chapel A for about 6 years and it has changed me life. I see Dr Martin as he has a knowledge in Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder which includes Lupus and 2 other illnesses and I cannot fault him. Lovely bedside manner too which I think goes a long way.

5. Marshmellow

Marshmellow Registered

I'll second you both Rach and ukman...I also moved to Chapel Allerton after 5 long years elsewhere and it's the best :)