lemon for ichy skin | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

lemon for ichy skin

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by donna kosk, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donna kosk

donna kosk Registered

if you use a lemon on your skin it carms the iche it will sting a little only for about 30seconds but works very well and its better then the ich

try it
    donna

2. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Gotta love a new tid bit of great information.

Thanks Donna. My husband is diabetic and his skin is always itchy.

I will go out and buy lemons right now.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

3. Kyphi

Kyphi Registered

And it smells divine! A word to the caution (again Im no expert - just what Ive learned over many years in the profession); lemon can become sensitising then actually make you itch. So be careful ;you shouldnt put it on the skin neat. Have you tried Lavenda (angustifolia) I was never a fan of lavender and I know lots of people dont like the smell but it is fantastic for itchy/burned/stung/painful skin.
    Another good one is Camomile (matricaria). This is a blue/ green in colour and can stain so be carful. During the distilation process one of its components is changed to chamazuline - an excellent anti-inlammatory and gives the oil its therapeutic properties. Again it can become sensitising you have to be VERY careful with continued use.
    I personally hate the smell of camomile - but lots love it.
    Good luck!

4. Felicity

Felicity Member

If you use limes or lemons to help with itching do NOT go out in the sun as you will end up with incredible blisters everywhere you have put the juice. The blisters can be quite large and very painful. This has not happened to me but I've seen photos of it and it's really quite horrible looking.

5. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

This is an old thread so closing it...feel free to start a fresh one if you want to....Claire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.