lupus awareness | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

lupus awareness

Discussion in 'Lupus News, Awareness and Research' started by Marshmellow, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Marshmellow

Marshmellow Registered

2. Joandublin

Joandublin Registered

Thanks for posting that link Rachel :)

It seems that more and more I am hearing about Lupus these days in the general media, which can only be a good thing. I think all the attempts at awareness are heading towards a healthy cumulative impact :)

I was watching a TV programme tonight about out of control kids whose parents sent them abroad to very strict families for a week. One of the parents had been diagnosed with Lupus two years ago and it mentioned how she found it difficult to do daily tasks like peeling potatoes and lifting things. It also likened Lupus to a chronic arthritic condition. Not bad I guess for a lay attempt :)

Cheers
    Joan:rose:

3. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Thanks Rachel :)

Now, all we need is to get the Belgian press on to it - I mean, if I said I suffered from Timbuktu disease people would have a better idea of what's going on :rotfl:

Katharine

4. Marshmellow

Marshmellow Registered

well one headline i saw was

'Lennon's Lucy struck down with incurable deadly disease....!!!!

Nowt like positive thinking!

Rachel

5. Katharine

Katharine Registered

crikey they're up to date aren't they :rotfl: