malar rash | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

malar rash

Discussion in 'Looking Good, Feeling Better' started by cowboysfan, Sep 15, 2014.

1. cowboysfan

cowboysfan Registered

Well I had my worst flare to date with a bad malar rash. Dr wants to treat the cause behind the rash. Now on new meds and a round of prednisone. The redness is quickly fading but leaving rough very dry skin where the redness was. Any tips to help my skin heal in the mean time? Make up to cover up or good moisturizer? I'm kinda at a loss on what to do. A part of me is vain I guess. Just trying to cope with these skin effects. Thanks!

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

You will probably want to moisurise the skin as even if you cover up with make up you may still see the rough skin. It will depend what moisturisers suit your skin as to what type you use, it was trial and error for me, when I had the rash badly initially I couldn't use anything on my skin. Once it had cleared it took me ages to find a product that suited and I still use it now. Ask at beauty counters they often give away free samples for you to try or try a non scented allergenic cream.

As to make up, I found it gave me confience, but I usually wore it, so it is personal preference. Some swear by bare minerals, others by clinique (myself!), tinted moisurisers, bronzers etc, it is trial and error again. This is where free samples come in again. Make use of them. Sorry not to be of more help, but it is what your skin can tolerate.

3. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hi... I have always loved the Liz Earle range as they are free of most nasties and my skin does well ...even the gentle exfoliating scrub can help with any uneven patches.. . like Deb said it is a personal preference... are you photosensitive? If so then a good F50 sunscreen will help enormously with the rash.. mine is prescribed but I used to get it online ..Sunsense F50 facial sunscreen, it is tinted and matt so good to go under make up.
    I use Liz Earle foundation and Mac for when I want it a little heavier, but again it is individual... I am sure most ranges carry things that are more 'natural' in their products these days.

I think it may be a question of trial and error.....Claire