Mammogram results? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Mammogram results?

Discussion in 'Tests and Procedures' started by mea, Nov 5, 2015.

1. mea

mea mea

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has had anything close to this and if they know what caused it.

Recently had my yearly mammo,next week got recalled for more pics...few days later had ultrasound done.Tech couldn't really say for sure what she was seeing so she went out and the Radiologist, came in and got her to redo scan.He then asked me if I was taking any hormone replacement " no,still having regular cycles,just taking the plaq,imuran and bp meds for autoimmune disease " to which he said hmmm.....usually see this when a woman is taking hormones not sure if those meds or the autoimmune disease can cause this.Apparently my breast tissue is growing:eek:. Waiting on call from my GP to go over results.Any ideas guys?

P.s. On the upside he did say that it absolutely does NOT look like cancer.

Be well Mea

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi,
    We did have a member who had to deal with mastitis.
    She hadn't given birth or anything like that. She hasn't been on the board for some time.
    You never know with lupus.
    Take care,
    Lyn

3. mea

mea mea

Thanks Lyn, hope you are doing well.
    Have been reading about this online.Guess it could be the lupus ,seeing as how it is very reactive to our hormones.Knew I had been more tender there but just put it off to lupus inflamation.Oddly enough my ESR is high right now but my ds dna has gone down.Odd little beast this lupus.

All the best,Mea.

Eileen T likes this.
  4. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Mea,

Yep lupus is a odd little beast. It seems like you get it figured out and out of the blue it throws something new at you.
    Take care,
    Lyn

mea likes this.
  5. mea

mea mea

One thing I've found out during all these medical issues is that stress will not kill me, because i'd be dead by now. I don't mean stress from illness but the stress of dealing with incompetent people.

If I have one piece of advice to offer it is this "Be your on advocate, if something doesn't seem right question it"

Got a call from my GP couple of weeks ago with my U.Sound and mammo results....."questionable complicated cyst".....What??? This is not what the radiologist had called it while doing exam.So off I go to get a copy of report from hospital ,at this point i'm questioning if mine was mixed up with someone elses, but sure enough it is mine saying cyst and no mention of breast growth :confused: So saw my GP yesterday told her I was questioning the report and told her why.She asked another Radiologist to go over my films and US - they have no idea where the finding of a cyst came from-she saw the breast tissue growth and questioning if it is PASH or low level cancer.Waiting on biopsy appointment,fingers crossed.

Have no idea what happened between the test time and the typing of the report to give such different findings,but I intend to find out.Tired of always having to second guess a lot of these DRs. I could have been the type to place complete trust in the reports ,letting this grow unchecked.Sadly, I have learned to question everything since trying to get a diagnosis for the autoimmune stuff.

Be well Mea

6. debatat

debatat Moderator

Sorry to hear this mea, I really hope they get this sorted quickly for you.

7. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Me too....sounds like a nightmare of substandard care....wishing the best for you...........Claire

8. mea

mea mea

Thanks Deb and Claire,praying it is benign ,removed and can forget about it.On top of all this my kidney function has been a little low (52),usually >60 and have not been feeling the best,so keeping watch on that as well.I HATE LUPUS.

Be well mea

9. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Hope you have good news. Praying for you
    Keep safe
    Wolf1

10. mea

mea mea

Thanks Wolf1. Still waiting to hear about appointment.

Be well,Mea.

11. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hi Mea... that is far too long to be waiting for a biopsy appointment when you are worrying...do chase it up today and let them know you are impatient to know what is happening with your health.....be calm and assertive...xx

12. mea

mea mea

Thanks Claire,will do just that if I don't hear anything this week.
    Only got the second report last week so trying to give them time to set it up and get back to me...hate to be bugging all the time-but I will soon.

Be well,Mea

13. mea

mea mea

Hi guys,
    Have my core biopsy appointment for next week,fingers crossed nothing too serious.

x_claire_x likes this.
  14. keebler

keebler Moderator

Good luck! I will be thinking of you.
    Take care,
    Lyn

mea likes this.
  15. debatat

debatat Moderator

Hope all goes well.

mea likes this.
  16. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

Good luck. Will be thinking of you.

mea likes this.
  17. mea

mea mea

Hi everyone,

Had my core biopsy yesterday.Wasn't too uncomfortable,the thought of it was actually worse than the procedure itself..just a little stingy. Just have to be careful not overreach or lift anything too heavy for the next few days.Should have the results within the next 2 weeks:fingers:.Thanks for the well wishes.

Be well,Mea

18. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

I am hoping it will all be good news for you Mea xx

mea likes this.
  19. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

:fingers: everything turns out okay.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

mea likes this.
  20. debatat