Maternity benefits money troubles!! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Maternity benefits money troubles!!

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by snowhite, Jan 21, 2008.

1. snowhite

snowhite Registered

Hi

I didnt know whether im supposed to post this here or in 'pregnancy'.

The thing i wanted to ask is if anyone knew if people can get the maternity grant if they r not on any other benefit ie income support or job seekers allowance.

I am not working at the moment and hubby is. My hubby cannot claim anything yet because of visa.

Any advice?

Ifra

2. Clare.T

Clare.T Registered

Hello Ifra
    I'm sorry about your difficulties but have no personal experience or info. Maybe somebody else will, but meanwhile from the link below it seems you do have to be in receipt of some other benefits to qualify for the Maternity Grant.
    Presumably you can't apply for Maternity Allowance from your previous work.

There's the Social Fund too though that seems to be linked to other benefits as well. Perhaps the ante natal clinic could advise or your CAB.

Good Luck- I hope the pregnancy is going well :)

Clare

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23069016/