medical for ESA UK | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

medical for ESA UK

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Evie17, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Evie17

Evie17 Registered

I claimed ESA at the end of July and have been receiving it ever since. I thought that I would get called in for a medical after 13/14 weeks but have yet to hear anything, is this normal? They contacted me when my fit note ran out but apart from that I have not heard from them. Thanks in advance for any replies and I hope everyone is having a 'good' day.

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Evie and welcome to the lupus site.
    I cant help you with your question.
    Someone from the UK should come along to help you.
    Do you have lupus?
    Take care,
    Lyn

3. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Hi evie 17.
    Up to now, if you are on ESA you are normally left alone. Things are changing to PIP but that I,m not sure of. Normally when you are working they ask evety 3 months for sick papers up to a year, then after that it comes automatic, but like I said things are changing so don't quote me on this. Hope this helps you a little.
    wolf1.

4. Evie17

Evie17 Registered

Hi thanks for the replies, my official diagnosis is UCTD but my rheumy thinks I do have Lupus. I think PIP is replacing disability living allowance not ESA. I believe ESA used to be called incapacity benefit. I wander if there is a backlog on the medicals and that is why I havent been called in? Oh well I will just have to wait and see if they contact me soon.

5. jayne hall

jayne hall Member

how do i go about claiming and what/how do i go about it please

6. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

7. jayne hall

jayne hall Member

thanks i shall look