Medical Marijuana - Positive Experience | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Medical Marijuana - Positive Experience

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by chal23, Jun 12, 2017.

1. chal23

chal23 Registered

Hello All,

I am in a state where medical marijuana is approved. About a month or so ago, I decided to take the leap and be evaluated, then to purchase CBD oil, with low levels of THC. 1 to 2 drops per night has significantly reduced my inflammation, given me more energy and in general, alleviated my joint pain. While I still have ups and downs related to Lupus, it has been a huge improvement in my quality of life - I have not taken a single anti-inflammatory since starting.

If you're considering this as a complementary therapy, please check with your doctors - and importantly, your state's laws before purchasing CBD or anything else -it still is considered a scheduled drug in those states which have not legalized medical or recreational mj. However, happy to share my experience as I hope it can make an impact for you.

Chal

MrE, Bada15, loopie017 and 3 others like this.
  2. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Hi there.
    There's a lot of talk about this working for a lot of illnesses.
    If it becomes legal in the uk I am one for trying, as long as doc allows.
    Hope this keeps working for u.
    Take care
    Wolf1

3. orlando ojeda

orlando ojeda New Member

Thx for sharing. Ive started to use cbd been only 3 days. The oil i purchased has zero thc. I wonder if that makes a difference ? I dont know. I use to smoke marijuana and i can definite feel the difference. But i dont think smoking is good for one with lupus and i dont care to be high all the time.

4. Zee1881

Zee1881 New Member

Hi, I have tried it with herbal tea. It has a soothing effect and it is not as strong as smoking it. Just leave the buds in with the tea bag. I don’t do it that often but when the pain becomes too much. I find that it is better than taking strong pain killers that you have to have with food. I hope this helps.

5. orlando ojeda

orlando ojeda New Member

Yes thank you for sharing it was helpful

6. MrE

MrE New Member

Have you had any trouble with appetite? Did the oil help?

7. loopie017

loopie017 Member

I get my CBD oil online for $30 for 1000 mg of 99.8% CBD and .2% CBDV. Tastes like a mixture of cherries and spearmint when you dab / vape it. Almost like some brands of bubble gum I've had. I get it shipped directly from Colorado to my front door. They post their test results for pesticides too, everything passes. They also post pictures of their licensed hemp field - this is what you all should look for when you shop. I say this because I've seen some bunk CBD products that I'd never touch. Be careful what you buy and do some research first.

The rest of my meds I grow under CMH 630 Double-ended. It should yield a pound or two every harvest. I extract with bubble hash, rosin tech, dry sift (sometimes), and cannabutter. I don't smoke it (pretty rare occasion), I prefer to extract the goods, I think it's much better without plant material. You can't beat growing your own meds, it's true that it's hard to find a dispensary that will compare. Just like homegrown food. For dispensary cannabis, I go straight to Los Angeles for that one shop I'm sure some of you have heard of that grows their own strains and sprays nothing that fails pesticide testing. Their in-house oils are hard to beat.

Personally, I'm very satisfied with this and Plaquenil together. I feel like a million bucks on a lot of days (at least much more than I used to). Of course I still have some not-so-good days like everyone else with SLE. I use anywhere between 100 - 500 mg of as much full-spectrum cannabinoids I can have. per day, whatever my body demands. Even at these doses I rarely feel "impaired".

And I believe it's criminal many lupus patients are denied access to it and the government denies legitimate studies by keeping this Schedule I.

I'd never take it out of my medicine cabinet.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  8. orlando ojeda

orlando ojeda New Member

Thx for the info. Sounds like your very knowledgeable in the area. I used cbd and i noticed it helped. I live in miami,fl. a 1 ounce of 325 mg cbd cost me. $ 60.00. Im on a fixed budget.could you send me info on who your getting your cbd from. Ive weened myself off prednisone and plaquenil with my drs. permission of course. Looking forward to hear from you.

loopie017 likes this.
  9. loopie017

loopie017 Member

Wow you lowered your doses or you stopped using them completely? I feel I need to dab at least .3 - .5 a gram of oil a day, eat minimum 1 or 2 edibles a week, and have a really nice "full-spectrum" mix with THC, CBD, CBG, CBN, etc., and clean cannabis, to seriously suppress lupus symptoms with cannabis alone. I also enjoy the backup from the Plaquenil, I feel the dynamics of this disease is complex so it makes sense to me to hit from 2 pathways. I do only use 200 mg, but I do only weigh 140 pounds. However, I do have to say even mild doses per day does wonders for pain and inflammation.

I believe you're paying way too much for your CBD. You're paying 6X more than I'm paying, that's not fair. It should come as a powdered or solid semi-clear crystal than melts into a very light yellow oil. With minimal heat and kept under 300 F it will dissolve in whatever oily-based food you eat. It's pre-decarboxylated, so you could technically eat the crystal itself. The company should also provide lab test reports so you're certain your product is clean. Buying from Colorado suppliers because of their specific regulations helps.

PM me if you have questions about this. Anyone else is welcome to also.

10. Surferboy

Surferboy Registered

Guys, mega thread revival!

I want to try CBD oil in the UK. Can someone please recommend a good place to buy from? And suggestions on how to use it please. Oh and what mg should I go for?

Holland and Barratt have a sale on right now. Is this a good place to buy from?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2019