mepacrine anyone | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

mepacrine anyone

Discussion in 'Cytotoxic / immunosuppressives' started by jayne hall, May 5, 2015.

1. jayne hall

jayne hall Member

is anyone else taking a combo of mepacrine plaqenil and high dose vit d along with lisinopril?

as soon as it gets to 9pm im nodding off
    can so many meds make you drowsy or is it just the lupus in general

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

We have a few members who take mepacrine here. It is likely to be the lupus activity that is making you tired. Do you get much rest?

3. jayne hall

jayne hall Member

yes i try to but i do all the housework shopping gardening etc no one lifts a finger to help me
    i wake up at night for the toilet too
    i feel washed out now i always seem to have a thick head and feel stressed

4. omen

omen FKA Clare.T

I have taken the mepacrine and plaquenil combo for many years and love it. It can be very effective for disease control and the mepacrine can be especially energising.

I don't know about the other meds you mention. I take Vitamin D3 but now my levels are normal it;s not ahigh dose. Make sure you aren't taking more than you need.

It's important to eliminate other reasons for fatigue which include anxiety and depression, hyperthyroid and anemias. There's also simply doing too much and what's described as failure to adapt. Adaptation can take many years.
    I don't recall which famous woman said " If you treat yourself like a door mat people will walk on you".

5. jayne hall

jayne hall Member

my family do treat me like a doormat