Mock GCSE Exam Results - YAY! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Mock GCSE Exam Results - YAY!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andyc95, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Andyc95

Andyc95 Stay Positive

During the run up to Christmas :mad: we had out mock GCSE exams (the GCSE exams are very important in England, they're required for University for one thing). I thought I'd done really badly in the mocks, well, yesterday I got my results:

Business Studies - A*
    Geography - A*
    French - A
    Systems and Control (design and technology - B
    English - B
    Maths - C
    and Religious Studies *cough* D *cough*

So quite a range that I must say, I am very pleased with, science is done separatly and I have an A grade science GCSE and an exam for the second science gcse coming up soon.

I've got 8 weeks until the real GCSE exams with the emphasis on maths if I want to get into university to do pharmacy. A-level choices need to be in by the end of February but haven't fully decided, need to look at univeristies and theres an open evening at the 6th form college (which is just part of my current school) on the 25th of January.

Anyway, thanks for reading, I was just so pleased I had to share,
    Hope everyone is doing well and if you celebrate christmas like me, you had a good christmas or holiday season I should say.

Andy

p.s. Happy new year

2. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

Well done Andy and 'GOOD LUCK' with the real thing! I aways dreaded exams, hope you don't feel that way!

Let us know how you get on!

Lesley

3. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Well done Andy - I never did an exam in my life (except my riding and road safety) - things in life kind of happened and stopped them happening but it is definitely important!

good luck for the real thing :)
    Katharine

4. karen.w.

karen.w. Registered

:thumbs: :cheer2: well done andy!!!!!

you must be very proud of yourself :)
    good luck with choosing a university & best of luck with 'the real' exams :luck:
    I had an exam just before christmas,just a small one but had forgotten how nerve wrecking it was :eek: It's been a long long time since my school exams :)

remember to take good care of yourself & try not to get too stressed out :)
    & if you do decide to do pharmacy remember all your friends here :wink2: :hehe:

oh and happy new year to you too andy
    karen x

5. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Dear Andy,
    This is very good indeed. Please keep well between now and the real exams.
    X Lola

PS MY 16 year old just diagnosed with Lupus, APS and Heart Murmur, thought you might like to know you have company.

6. LoopyLoo

LoopyLoo Registered

Hey Andy,

You know how pleased I am for you! WOO HOO! :woohoo: :yahoo: :dancing: :excited: :micbounce:

Sounds like you have a very bright future ahead of you. Good luck with those other exams but I'm sure you'll breeze through them.

If you're ever looking for that able assistant to help you as a pharmacist you know where I am :lol:

Hugz,

Pam x

7. Joandublin

Joandublin Registered

They're excellent results Andy!

What a great confidence booster for the real ones.:) The very best of luck with the studies.

Well done

Joan:rose:

8. Maia

Maia Registered

Well done Andy! These results should ease your mind a bit for the real
    ones coming up soon. It's nice to have mock ones to guide you where to
    focus your studies too.

9. acard

acard Registered

:spin: Andy,
    I am so happy for you!!!!! I am sure your parents are very proud. I took religious studies in college and it is a very difficult course, so don't take it too hard.:wink2:

Take Care,
    Becca

10. Lily

Lily Registered

Way to go Andy :thumbs: :bigsmile:

Good luck with the 'real thing' I am sure you will do fine :)

love
    Lily

11. BigSis

BigSis Registered

Yey well done Andy:wink2:
    My son is comming up to finals studying parmacology and physiology at uni.
    He's having great fun and they get to do all kinds of experiments. Some on each other :eek: The course is more geared towards research than pharmacy.
    Good luck with choosing your path. Well done again

12. Clare.T

Clare.T Registered

Congratulations Andy !
    It will be wonderful to have our very own forum pharmacist :wink2:
    If the maths is crucial, tutoring can be most helpful. It sounds as if you are strong in the sciences.

All the best
    Clare

13. flutterbye

flutterbye Banned

Yay!

Well done Andy and good luck with the exams, stay well!