My Baby Girl Is HERE! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

My Baby Girl Is HERE!

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by mooks, Nov 14, 2010.

1. mooks

mooks Registered

Hey my lovely lupie friends!

Sorry its taken me so long to get on here and tell you all the good news! Things have been a little hectic!!

Ember was born on 28/10/10 at 5.48am weighing in at a healthy 7lb exactly!

The labour was induced so took a long time but it was a great experience (its not all screaming like on eastenders thats for sure...and i didnt even have gas and air!)

We had to stay in hospital for a week as they thought she might have heart block (very worrying) but turns out its just a normal heart arythmia and they are not concerned after a week of tests and consultations with the royal brompton argh.

Anyway, we finally came home and I am breast feeding her and she has put on a pound already :D

Sadly Lupus has flared badly so seeing rheumy tomorrow...am concerned he might tell me i need to stop breast feeding so i can get back on the rituximab but im gonna fight it as long as i can!

I hope you can see the picture of her I am not sure how to attach things on here haha

Love to you all :love:

Attached Files:

2. oesa

oesa Lisa_S

Congratulations Mooks - she's beautiful!

Lisa

3. doris999

doris999 Registered

CONGRATS Hun,
    She is beautiful.

4. TracyJN

TracyJN Registered

Aww congratulations, she is gorgeous, you must be so proud. Hope you feel well enough to keep on breast feeding but even if you don't at least you can say you managed it at the start.

Take care. x :congrats:

5. MountainbikeLynne

MountainbikeLynne Registered

Congratulations - she's perfect!

I hope you manage to get well AND get to continue breast feeding. Well done you!

6. Eileen T

Eileen T Registered

Congratulations - What a lovely baby girl!!

7. Paulin46

Paulin46 Registered

Congratulations! She is a beautiful baby. Take care mom.

8. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

Wow, what lovely news to end my weekend.

So super happy for you Michelle....you must do whatever will keeep your body happy, because in the end it will also keep Ember happy too having a healthy mum :)

What a lovely name by the way and a cute picture...thank you for sharing it with us.

Take care,

9. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Wonderful wonderful news Michelle :congrats:

I'm so so pleased for you and your story is a great inspiration to many as you have managed to have your baby despite your very active lupus!

Love and hugs to the beautiful Ember :hug:

Katharine

10. Trindy

Trindy Registered

Congratulations

What a lovely baby girl. Don't worry if you can't breast feed for very long. Every little helps just a week or two makes all the difference. You need to look after yourself as well as your baby. I only manged to breastfeed my dayghter for a few weeks and my son for nearly 12 months and they're both perfect fit healthy adults now. So don't worry too much she'll be fine.

Trindy xxx

11. ElephantEyes

ElephantEyes Registered

Awwwww! The cuteness of it all :) I'm delighted for you Michelle!

Take care, Nellie

12. millmill47

millmill47 millmill47

Hello
    Congralation she beautiful.

mill

13. countrylass

countrylass Registered

Congratulations
    aww shes gorgeous Mooks well done you.......

aww i do hope you can be able carry on breastfeeding but try not be cross with you if you need have medication that stops it.
    as your little bundle joy will need a well mumsy.

aww that must been scary the heart tests,you done so well.

so hope join u as a mumsy soon.

lots lv countrylass

14. diamonds

diamonds Registered

Wonderful news:) Congratulations Mooks. Ember is beautiful.

What an achievement, to have such a gorgeous healthy baby with active lupus. You truly are an inspiration. I hope you are able to continue breastfeeding, but if you can't don't be upset. A healthy happy mum = a happy baby.

:hug:

15. bugsy

bugsy Registered

Hi Mooks, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl Ember, the photo of her is beautiful, you must be the proudest mum ever. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, Good luck and take care, Jo. View attachment 1398

Attached Files:

16. keebler

keebler Moderator

Congratulations Michelle!
    Welcome to the world Ember.:cloud9:

17. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Congratulations to you Mook and blessings to your family.
    Glad your all doing well.

18. Pink Pearl

Pink Pearl Registered

Congratulations!!!! Glad you both are here and doing as well as possible. Like the others have said, what will be, will be. Don't sweat it, if it is not meant to be, then there are good formulas that you can use instead.
    Take care of both of you and stay rested.
    Sally

19. Lupo30

Lupo30 Registered

Hi Mooks

Congratulations. Ember is beautiful. Hope your flare subsides and that you can carrying on breastfeeding. Glad the birth went well for you and hope things carry on that way. You deserve it. Congratulations again!

Love Lupo30 xx

20. KarenM

KarenM Registered

Huge congratulations Mooks on the birth of Ember, what a beautiful name. I really hope you can continue to breat feed for a little while longer, best of luck with your appoitnment.