My CBD Oil trial | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

My CBD Oil trial

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by Surferboy, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Surferboy

Surferboy Registered

Hi guys,

Further to this Thread https://www.thelupussite.com/forum/...ijuana-positive-experience.28489/#post-239762

Firstly, I want to just say that this is my personal experience and I'm not in any way suggesting others follow my trial without first speaking with a medical professional please. I'm also not promoting any product, but for the purpose of my experience, I have stated the product I'm using.

I recently begun taking CBD Oil and thought I'd share my feedback. I must state that my prescribed medication remains the same though - Plaquenil. Mycophenolate. Prednisolone.

I've been wanting to trial CBD oil for some time as I've heard so many good things about it. I spoke with my rhumy who said there was no harm in me trying it, but she stopped short of giving me her views on it. So, I started taking the oil on 16th of March and I'm now almost a month in. I'm currently taking 3 drops 3 times a day. The oil I bought is this one https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/s...l-5percent-+-vitamin-d3-60037897?skuid=037897

And if it's not pure coincidence that my symptoms just happened to have reduced, or I'm experiencing the placebo effect, the results of CBD oil seem to be quite shockingly good!

My joint pains have reduced massively. My fingers are less swollen. I'm able to do some weight lifting again. My knees don't hurt as often. I'm not as fatigued in the mornings. My energy levels are back again. I've spent a lot of time in the sun over the last 2 weeks and so-far-so-good.

What CBD oil hasn't seemed to have helped with very much is the muscle pain behind the legs. I don't know whether this is the Lupus or the fact I have a rubbish chair I sit on for hours on end when working, and also the fact that I'm not walking as much due to the horrible situation we all are in. I do also suffer from a bit of sciatica.

The CBD oil also hasn't helped very much with evening fatigue. Sometimes I'm asleep on the sofa by 10pm. Normally I'm a night owl and become awake after 10pm. But again, I don't know whether this is a Lupus thing or the fact that I'm awake by default at around 6:30am every blooming day! And so by 10pm I'm rightly shattered.

I'm going to continue taking the oil for another month and see if the positives continue. I'll then stop it for a month and see what happens. Will I continue to feel better without the oil? In which case, it might just have been pure coincidence that my Lupus improved. Or will my aches and pains return? In which case, I'm jumping back on to the CBD oil.

To be continued.....

Lupusdude likes this.
  2. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Keep us updated my friend! Peace!

Surferboy likes this.
  3. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hi, I have taken CBD water soluble on and off for a couple of years..... initially it really helped, but once I got to a much better place I started to forget to take it... Now I take it when I need to for a while when I have been more physical/ stressed etc and it helps again. I hope it continues to do you good :0))

Surferboy likes this.
  4. Surferboy

Surferboy Registered

Hey Lupusdude, how are you doing sir?

Apologies for not posting one single update. I have been all over the place since beginning lockdown. Unlike everyone else I know who's working from home, I'm even busier now that I'm working from home!!! How does that work out!!!!

Anyway, back to the matter in hand - my CBD oil trial... What can I say! I feel like a different person to the pre-trial person.

I'm now well into my 3rd month of CBD oil. At first I was taking 3 drops 3 times a day. I then reduced this to 3 drops twice a day. The joint pains have reduced massively. Very little swelling in the fingers, which is where I'd get some swelling. Fatigue has lessened a little. But mornings are now a struggle again.

I'm also continuing with the weights and have gone up the weights too. I now have some puny little muscles - not that you can see them unless I start flexing :roflmao:

I honestly cannot believe this stuff works. So much so that I stopped taking them for a couple of weeks. I instantly felt the difference. Nothing too bad, but the pain did return.

All was well up until last week... and then I went and done something silly! Having been in lock down for so long, I've not needed sunblock. Can you see where this is going? Then on friday I went for a stroll and totally forgot to put the block on. It was incredibly sunny and hot. The very next day I could feel a little pain in my knee, elbow, shoulder and finger. All on the right side of my body :oops:

So I've increased the CBD oil to 4 drops twice a day.

I'm still unsure whether this is a placebo effect or whether this stuff really is that good!

Lupusdude likes this.
  5. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Placebo or not if it works for you it works.

Surferboy and Lupusdude like this.
  6. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

I agree with Lazylegs! Let it be a placebo if that’s what it is! Placebos have less side effects and we all know the less side effects the better. I tried CBD oil for awhile, but had nothing to compare it to as nothing was flaring. I have little if no pain, but I’ve ordered another vial to see if helps lower the ds DNA. Who knows. The unconscious is very powerful so will see what happens.
    When the COVID started I was just figuring I wouldn’t be continuing as a driver as that seemed pretty dangerous. Then I started getting messages stating that I was an essential worker and could go back to work! The companies started sending me loads of ppe and encouraging me to start driving again. It was nerve wracking at first and I’d come home a wreck. Slowly I got used to it and realized I wasn’t catching anything if I took proper precautions. Well, I’m still working, though less hours and more time to tend the garden. I even worked on a few paintings and I’ve been reading a bit more. Nothing exciting, but I feel like I’ve entered a new stage in life. I guess with the kids all moved out, that happens.
    Time to eat and relax a bit now. Take care my friend and good luck with the bodybuilding. I can see those bulging muscles already!

Surferboy likes this.
  7. Surferboy

Surferboy Registered

Absolutely agree with you both. Placebo or real thing, so long as I'm feeling good I'm happy. And, as you said LD, at least with placebos you don't get any side-effects.

And paintings you say! Come on, let's be seeing them, please :)

8. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Glad to hear you’re doing so well Surferboy! As far as the paintings go, it’s just dabbling. You know like a child scribbling? I’m no artist by any means, just a scribbler. Not anything you’d want to see. Also, the dog you see on the right has had cardiomyopathy this weekend and I’ve been struggling to keep him alive. His heart rate is through the roof, but it’s the wrong time to have him leave us. My wife is quite attached and she will be going in for her next surgery tomorrow. It’s a handful right now, so I’m just trying to stay stable and take it easy when I can. Take care! Peace!
    Joe

Surferboy likes this.
  9. Surferboy

Surferboy Registered

Hey Joe, so sorry to read about your wife and dog. Sometimes all difficulties come at once. I hope your wife's surgery went well. If we were closer by, I'd have happily stepped in to provide support - and especially look after your dog. My kids and I so want one, but my wife's having none of it (the grumpy so and so)!!!

And you can't get out of not showing us your pics that easily... PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!! NOW NOW NOW!!!

10. morganaglen

morganaglen New Member

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Surferboy likes this.