My daughter has tourette's syndrome . . | Page 3 | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

My daughter has tourette's syndrome . .

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jennannshear, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debatat

debatat Moderator

Jenna, I hope Sammi is ok. What a worry for you. I am sending positive vibes and gentle hugs.

:hug:

2. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

Oh I love positive vibes and gentle hugs.. I will take them!!!:hehe:
    She has an app this morning.. she has been bleeding from her bottom and is very skinny and pale and well they did blood work and want to see us today.. wish us luck!

3. binkythehouseelf

binkythehouseelf Registered

I know you posted this a while ago but I found this thread when I was looking for help with my daughter.
    I have just been diagnosed with Lupus (after havign symptoms for 10 years) and my daughter has over the last 2 years developed many of the same symptoms. She has however also developed many vocal and motor tics nd I was wondering if lupus and tourettes could be in any way linked. Tourettes also runs in our family.
    I found this study which may help

it looks at the links between lupus (and other auto immune diseases), tourettes, autism and ocd and seems to find a possible link.
    i am going to be e-mailing it to my daughters doctors as so far no-one is listening to us.

I hope you find it helpful

Binky

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
  4. Brandon sherwood

Brandon sherwood New Member

I may be able to help. I have tourettes. When I was 4 years old I got diagnosed with autism ADHD and tourettes. I believe if one person has tourettes i believe it very common that tourettes comes with adhd or autism or both. I twitch my head, I over stretch my neck to where it sometimes gets sore and feels like I'll break my neck. I do certain things with my hands. I blink more often than normal. I have minor to severe tourettes. Take note tourettes flare ups include stress, anxiety. Nervousness, anger basically certain emotions causes a flare up. It actually sounds to me like she has tourettes, maybe autism, and adhd autism comes in different form low, medium or high. I have low functioning autism which means my brains in more control and my autism is low functioning

5. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hi Brandon...this thread is over six years old... I don't think many of these people are still around. I will lock this thread now but if anybody is suffering with Lupus and Tourettes then please start a new one........thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.