My Saver, Survivor & Superhero | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

My Saver, Survivor & Superhero

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jlp369, Jul 30, 2009.

1. jlp369

jlp369 Janet

My 16 year old daughter had to write about a person that has inspired her and then read it in front of her Speech class. So she wrote about me, her mother! her final grade was a 102. I want to share this with my lupus family: I love you Lauren!

My Saver, Savior, Superhero

A mother is so much more than a mother:

She is a good story teller.

She is a chef.

She is a teacher.

She is a lover and a fighter

She is a giver of life.

She is a friend.

And she is a loving blanket of comfort in your time of need.

But my mother is also a saver, a survivor and a superhero.

My mother would go through **** and back to keep her children on the right path in life.

If one of us three happens to stray, she will do anything in her power to show us our mistakes and help us fix them.

My mother has an illness called Lupus, but some days, she is so good at covering her pain, that you'd think she's in a perfect bill of health.

She puts on a smile through her misery so her children won't have to worry.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that she is actually ill.

She can carry on through her day as if her body is not falling apart.

But when you see her gasp for breath as she's walking to her room, you know.

When you see her cringe in pain as she cuts up the meat for dinner because her hands hurt, you know.

When you see her struggle to turn on the truck because she doesn't have the energy, you know.

When you hear her cry in pain in the middle of the night when she thinks no on can hear, you know.

Unlike many other moms, you just know, my mom is a survivor.

My mother is like a super hero, but stronger.

Her weakness, lives inside her body, but she pushes on through the day and does more than any other mother does.

A single mother of three with no job, my super-mom has as much strength as any man, can make as much money as any working woman, and has the love like no other person in this world.

Today, I'd like to pay tribute to my mom, Janet Pope:

My Saver, Survivor and Superhero.

by My daughter Lauren

Proud Mom, Janet P. San Antonio, TX

2. sam101360

sam101360 Registered

Janet:

WOW! Amazing I am so happy for you, you must be proud beyond belief.

What a wonderful paper, so well written and so representative of who you really are.

Love Stephanie

3. debatat

debatat Moderator

Janet, that is so lovely, it brought a tear to my eye. You must be so proud! Thank you for sharing it with us, you are fortunate to have such a talented daughter. It is clear you have a very special bond with your daughter. Please pass on to her my appreciation for such a beautiful poem.

Deb

4. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Janet,

That is absolutely beautiful and also brought a tear to my eye. It reminds me of seeing my Mum as a child as she too hid her pain and difficulties from the whole world.

I don't pretend to do as good a job of it but I don't know how our childhood memories work and I wonder what my boys will remember when they're older :umm:

You have every reason to be a very proud Mum, not every 16 year old is able to express things like that or truly "appreciate" what their Mum (ill or not) does.

Katharine

5. goats

goats Registered

Thank you

thank you for sharing. as I was reading I had tears.but not sad. of happiness, thinking this kid gets it, while most adults don't
    what a super daughter you have and she is very special lilke her mom

please tell her , she is one special girl, it will be interesting to see what she does with her life. she will leave her mark on the world

6. Maia

Maia Registered

It's absolutely beautiful and I've just shed a few tears myself.

What a wonderful daughter you've raised - you must be so very proud.

I'm tempted to make this a sticky much like the "Spoons" thread....

7. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Pat yourself on the back for raising such a awesome daughter.

I just loved this and thanks so much for sharing it with us.

I did in fact shed a few tears.............well written.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

8. keebler

keebler Moderator

:foryou::foryou: The flowers are for both you and your daughter.
    What a nice paper.:)

Love,
    Lyn

9. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Janet,

Your daughter is very special young lady. It is obvious her heart is full of love for you. Her words had to have done more for you than any medication a doctor could have prescribed.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

10. pollianna

pollianna Pollianna

She has a beautiful soul. I think your are truly blessed with this child

11. jlp369

jlp369 Janet

Thank you all for such kind words! I'm right there with you too....she is very special and i am truly blessed to have such a precious gem in my life. Not one selfish bone in her precious little body. I have allowed her to read all of your responses and she just smiles from ear to ear. Thanks again!

12. pennylp

pennylp Registered

WOW,

What a tribute to a wonderful mom..... Congratulations on raising such a beautiful child.... This brought tears to my eyes....
    When we get a pat on the back for all we do for our children it sure does feel good doesn't.... You deserve this....

Love Penny

13. granny weatherwax

granny weatherwax Registered

Wow I am speachless Janet this is so wonderful... you must be so proud of her

Claire xx

14. Sunshine4

Sunshine4 Registered

beautiful....

Janet your daughter forgot one thing!

Her mum created herself in triplicate......... you will have 3 equally strong children.....

god bless your Lauren....... Some days its the smallest of things that can make the biggest impact......

strength to you all.....

sunshine.

15. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

Very beautiful..

16. cad

cad Registered

Janet that was absolutely wonderful and made me cry. It just shows whata wonderful job you have done to raise such a loving insightful daughter, you must be so proud. I just hope
    I manage to do as good a job as you as I do try to live my life in the same way and when people have said why are you doing this or that or don't worry about that for today, I have said that I am never going to let my childrn care for me and would have to be dead or dying and physically unable to move to stop me carrying out all my obligations towards them, I know it makes me more ill but I really don't care, I love them and I don't want the illness to take that from me. I though have a partner to help me, you really are a strong woman and a truly amazing mother to have done that alone. Good for you. What an inspiration. :foryou:.

Take Care and good luck for the future.

Cassie. :)

17. FamiliarFaces

FamiliarFaces Registered

Janet and Lauren,

What a fantastic poem! Janet you have done a wonderful job in raising such a caring young lady, which reflects that you also must be a wonderful lady.

And Lauren, you have a talent for writing! I woudn't be surprised if you could get that published somewhere (or have a career as a writer!).

18. nanabeth

nanabeth Registered

How truly Blessed a chilc that understands this.Someone to understand and know that you really feel your flares and are sooo tired,
    Isomehow helps knowing that soemone has supprt. I am sorry I read reread my post it was not clear I guess it was brain fog time, Bless you and your awesome daughter,

Beth

19. pennylp

pennylp Registered

wow...... what a tribute.... A moment in life when you are so proud you could bust... good for you... obviously you are an amazing mother....

congratulations...

Love penny

20. taylorsmom

taylorsmom Registered

I just had a good cry that was beautiful, you have a wonderful daughter.