Need good diagnostician (lupus) Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Need good diagnostician (lupus) Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by Anastasia, May 26, 2010.

1. Anastasia

Anastasia Registered

Hi Everyone,
    I'm on the Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire border. As I'm a wheelchair user, getting into London is a bit of a nightmare, but I do drive. I need a doctor who will look at my symptoms and see if they could be lupus. Although I don't appear to meet many of the traditional criteria, I meet at least 11 out of the 14 St Thomas's criteria.

My GP refuses to refer me to anyone else, as I've seen two rheumys already on the NHS. I'm currently under an endocrinologist (glandular stuff on the blink).

I would like to go private if its not too expensive, but I'm worried about wasting my money. Recommendations appreciated.

2. KarenM

KarenM Registered

Anastasia, I have PM'd you details of my Rhuematologist, we are in the same area.

3. Anastasia

Anastasia Registered

Thanks Karen. I'll phone the doctors secretary tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they're NHS only, but I'll keep the name in my address book and stash it away until it's 'safe' to ask for another referral. I might have to wait until after I've seen the endo again in August. Maybe I'll ask the endo if he thinks it's a good idea - I need allies!