Need Lupus doctor/rheumatologist in Derby UK area... | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Lupus doctor/rheumatologist in Derby UK area...

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by Monica3, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. Monica3

    Monica3 Registered

    We are contemplating a move to the Derby area for my husband's job for a 2-3 yr assignment. Although we have not accepted the position yet and do not know the exact area in which we will be living, he will be working in Derby, thus we will be in or near this area.

    As far as I know we will have private insurance. Any advice/info how medical care with private insurance works in UK? I know very little about how things might be different from the US.

    We are also looking for a pediatrician, allergist and dentist in the same area.

    Any help is appreciated!
  2. greenhaggis

    greenhaggis Registered

    Hi there,

    You really need to find out who the Insurance company is that will be covering...they all have different plans and also exceptions of pre-existing conditions excluded/included in cover. One bonus with UK is that all residents get NHS care, which may be slow, but it is free, plus you can pay to go private even without insurance.
  3. KidsPT

    KidsPT Registered

    Definately find out more about the insurance and if there are any pre-existing condition clauses that would keep you from getting coverage before making a decision to go. I would hate for you to make the change and find yourself without insurance, that can make it hard to get coverage in the US when you come back, even if you can get NHS care while you are in England.
  4. Monica3

    Monica3 Registered

    My hubby just sent me a link with all the info, but I haven't read it yet. He tells me there is NO preexisting clause and as long as we return to the US with the same company, there will be no problem returning to our current plan. I hope this is true. It is hard to trust insurance companies around here.
  5. keebler

    keebler Moderator

    Hi Monica,

    I wonder if you could get that in writing from your insurance company?
    Just a thought.
  6. Monica3

    Monica3 Registered

    Lyn - I will ask my husband to pursue that. Thanks. Better to be safe than sorry!

Share This Page