New and in severe pain... | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

New and in severe pain...

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Emilykoelbl, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Emilykoelbl

Emilykoelbl New Member

Hi everyone! I'm 25 year old female with chronic and severe joint pain and fatigue. I have mouth ulcers.. hair loss around front of scalp. I was refereed to a rheumatologist, but it takes months to get in to see anyone. Today the pain is so severe I want to go to the hospital but I don't think they can do anything. I'm currently on vit B injections weekly and vit D. I can't bend over to care for my children and the fatigue is taking over my life.. I'm considering just going to the hospital. Any advice is appreciated.

2. mark176

mark176 Active Member

Hi

If the problem is AI with inflammation then ibuprofen is quite good for relief. Just make sure you take it after eating something.

At the start its always hard. Once things get moving its better

Mark

Emilykoelbl likes this.
  3. debatat

debatat Moderator

If you are in the Uk, then going to the hospital will get you more pain killers. Unless they can see something wrong with your joints then they will consult the on call rheumy. Who will then give you some advice and may be able to get you seen quicker. So it may be worth giving the hospital the a go, it just depends.

Emilykoelbl likes this.
  4. Emilykoelbl

Emilykoelbl New Member

I'm in USA (NY)... we don't have anything that good. There was no on call rheumatologist and the ER doctor said he's not trained to do stuff like this. I ended up getting prescribed a medrol pal.. and WOW it works!!! The pain is reduced by 70% ... and I have no official diagnosis yet. Primary Doctor sent for MRI and tilt table test... still no lupus or RA bloodwork... he said he thinks it's autonomic neuropathy

5. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

It always amazes me that drs express such an opinion without any investigations or bloodwork. Your symptoms appear more autoimmune to me...could you ring the Rheumy office and let them know you have had to go to the hospital in severe distress due to such debilitating symptoms and you are struggling to look after your young children ? They may be able to offer an earlier appointment...........worth a shot.

I am glad the Medrol pack worked for now..... but don't forget how it felt and get on giving them a gentle push, politely of course !

Take care.............Claire

Emilykoelbl likes this.
  6. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Emily,

The rheumy office might say they are booked solid. You can always ask to be put on the waiting list. Patients cancel all the time.

Glad to hear you found some relief.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

Emilykoelbl likes this.
  7. Emilykoelbl

Emilykoelbl New Member

Thank you for your responses! They gave me a sooner appointment on Friday... thank
    God. The medrol pack decreased my overall pain. They think I have POTS as well so waiting on a tilt table test :(