new to planequil | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

new to planequil

Discussion in 'Antimalarials' started by jayne hall, Apr 6, 2015.

1. jayne hall

jayne hall Member

ive only been taking it for 4 days
    how long do i have to take it?
    i have felt more tired since i took it

2. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Plaquenil works quicker for some than others and can take up to 6 months or so. I noticed a difference after about 3 months so you have to be patient with it. I understand you have also been prescribed Pred which is good, as this should get a grip of your symptoms which Plaquenil begins to work it's magic....it did for me anyway.

3. jayne hall

jayne hall Member

im scared to take pred

4. caroldorsett

caroldorsett New Member

Jayne I have been on pulse doses of Prednisone for over twenty years and have had no problems. I was been on Plaquenil for two years but it was stopped due to sideeffects. Give it a try. It may take several months before you notice a change. Good luck Carol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. jayne hall

jayne hall Member

he s put me on 200mg of plaqenil and 100mg of mepacrine a day

6. dmarie

dmarie Registered

Caroldorsett- could you please explain pulse dose steroids.

I have had pulse steroids which was 1000mg of methylprednisolone a day for 3 days. Is this what you are referring to?

dmarie

7. person_with_lupus

person_with_lupus New Member

I just started plaquenil too, I've been taking it for about a week. I felt a little odd the first day but haven't noticed much in terms of side effects. It seems like it makes me kind of hungry and tired sometimes.

8. jayne hall

jayne hall Member

when i was on 400mg dose it made me feel spaced out, now my dose has been lowered im not noticing any side affects