Newbie from New Zealand | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by theoptimist, May 12, 2017.

1. theoptimist

theoptimist New Member

Hello everyone !
    Just joined :)
    Looking forward to like minded people

2. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Hello theoptimist and :welcome:
    You're in just the right place for support and friendship. Do you have Lupus or another condition or are you in the process of investigation or diagnosis? I hope you enjoy being part of our community, it's good to have another new member.
    Best wishes,

theoptimist likes this.
  3. theoptimist

theoptimist New Member

:flower:
    :flower:Hi Jessica ,
    Thank you for ya message :)
    I was diagnosed with SLE last decemeber and then 2months ago its been upgraded to BSLE (bullous lupus aka the skin blistering disorder)
    From what I have been told by my doctors it is a rare form .. so lucky me huh lol
    I glad to be a part of this forum

Love
    The optimist

4. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi optimist and welcome to the forum.

It seems we tend to add different diagnoses when diagnosed with lupus.
    You have found a great site, members here are the best.
    Take care,
    Lyn

theoptimist likes this.
  5. theoptimist

theoptimist New Member

Thank you for your message
    And yes you are correct .. Lupus is so complex .. it's always something different for each person .. I'm hoping to learn more on this as I go on

6. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

My twin sister also has Lupus, which I was told wasn't that common (although there are other people here with siblings also diagnosed). Dare to be different, I say!

theoptimist likes this.
  7. theoptimist

theoptimist New Member

Lol Jessica I know where you are coming from .. my younger sis is only 21 .. we have 9yrs difference between us . Sissy was diagnosed over a year ago with Lupus organ involved . And at that time I was diagnosed with ITP (low platelet disorder) and over time my sister is still with Lupus and last September my symptoms started with joint pains etc after a week holiday in Fiji . Anyways by January this year I was upgraded to the BSLE (blistering) as my Lupus has not affected any of my inner organs just my skin .. and yes Lupus is so complex nothing surprises me any more . Every time something new happens I just ask my doc can you manage it .. as long as the answer is YES I'm
    All for it

Jessica1 likes this.