Not diagnosed yet. But stressed and confused. | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Not diagnosed yet. But stressed and confused.

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Quanita, Mar 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Quanita

Quanita New Member

Hello.

So I’ve been having skin problems mainly eczema for about 4 years. I’m a 19 year old female. The dermatologist referred me to have an ANA blood test because he said sometimes the dark marks on my body and open lesions is a sign of lupus. My test came back positive and he said something of 320 (I think it’s 320 titers - i’ve been doing a lot of googling since the results came) anyways. I have a cousin from my dads side who died of lupus last year so it made me worry even more. I think the only symptoms I have for lupus is sometimes fatigue and sometimes muscle/joint pain but it’s never an intense pain. And of cause my dry skin and sometimes rash under my eyes and on my eyelids. I read a lot on this and it’s giving me a 50/50 possibility. I just want certainty. Please, if you could, share with me how much your titer count was so that I can have some peace of mind while I wait to go for more tests or any advice or info really. Thanks a lot! It’s super appreciated.

Lupusdude likes this.
  2. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hi Quanita and Welcome,

Your Dermy should not be worrying you unless they have done exhaustive investigations.....Lupus can't be diagnosed on one blood test (ANA) alone. A lot of healthy people can have a positive ANA test and Lupus you can't diagnose unless there are at least 4 out of 11 possible criteria....https://www.thelupussite.com/lupus_diagnosis_tests/lupus_diagnosis_and_tests.html There does, however seem to be a family tendency to these things and I do think you need proper testing. I am not sure if your symptoms are enough at the moment for diagnosis and answers can take time, unfortunately.

Also just to clarify that now people are being diagnosed and treated more promptly, as the disease is recognised more quickly, the life expectancy for somebody with Lupus is near normal.

Are you being referred to a Rheumatologist who is knowledgeable in autoimmune diseases ? This could be a good next step for you to help discover what is going on with you...that way they can rule in or out an autoimmune disease. Your Dermy may be doing this, as many are also very knowledgeable in this field.

I am glad you have found us.... I wish you well going forward ...............Claire

Lupusdude likes this.
  3. Quanita

Quanita New Member

Thank you so much. Your reply means a lot to me!

x_claire_x likes this.
  4. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Hi Quantica and welcome!
    Claire put it in perspective and I'm glad you can see that. Those really are mild symptoms that you mentioned. And to answer your other question, my disease is well controlled, but my ANA is running 1:1280. It's really not a significant test on its own. Stay positive, things will work out.
    Joe

x_claire_x likes this.