October = UK Lupus Awareness Month | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

October = UK Lupus Awareness Month

Discussion in 'Lupus News, Awareness and Research' started by Clare.T, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Clare.T

Clare.T Registered

2. karen.w.

karen.w. Registered

Thanks for posting clare! :flower2:

I will certainly be doing all I can to promote lupus awareness. adopting a hospital will be first on my list as I have never seen any leaflets etc about lupus at all in the hospital where I attend! :mad: very disappointing but something I can change :)

hope you are keeping well clare
    love karen x

3. Parkesy

Parkesy Guest

Registered with Lupus UK now :)

I think all hospitals are the same with the lupus leaflets etc. because none of the ones in Nottingham have any leaflets in any of them about the condition, kinda crap really tbh like thyre tryin to say it doesnt exist or something, but hopefully with my fundraiser in Nottingham it should bring alot of publicity about Lupus & make people want to looke into what it is etc.

Hope your all keeping well

Much love

4. lupylu

lupylu Guest

I have just put a post under ' just for fun ' during October i am participating in & organisng a Kickboxing fundraiser and a club night at a local nightclub ... both to raise funds for St Thomas Lupus Trust and to create awareness ... Please see my post as support & help will be very much appreciated

xxx

5. Pickles

Pickles Registered

HI ALL,

I think October is Lupus Awareness Month in USA too....but it is also
    Breast Cancer Awareness Month and they always talk about it and do all kinds of things for it. Lupus is hardly ever mentioned on tv or the news at all. I've even gone to my rheumy in October and there is never any posters or signs or nothing saying anything about it. I've mentioned it to them but they say they have no time for it.

I think Lupus needs a month by itself. Maybe it will get more attention.

6. bugsy

bugsy Registered

Hi Clare :hug:

:thanx: for letting us know that October is lupus awareness month.

I still can't believe how unaware people are about lupus. Over the years that i have had lupus i have only ever known a few people who actually know what lupus is and thats usually because they know someone else with it.

If anyone asks what is wrong with me my first question to them is 'have you heard of lupus'. I should be able to say i have lupus and be confident that they know what i am talking about.

Anyway rant over regarding lupus awareness.

Take care :bunny: Jo :bunny: